Question about Xerox Office Equipment & Supplies
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: False Paper Jam Error
Make sure the paper tray guides are set against the paper more likely to be the back guide not pushing the paper to the front of the tray. If you have the guides set correctly then place one sheet of paper in the tray and blot some methylated spirits on the leading edge along the page width and close the tray and try printing something.
You will have a jam repeat process 3 or 4 times then open tray and remove paper. Where you soaked the spirits into the paper there should be a grubby mark where the feed roller has rubbed and cleaned. Wipe the tray dry and put fresh paper in then hopefully you will now be able to print. If you cannot then the likely thing is that the paper feed pickup spindle is broken and will need replacing.
Hope this helps you and please rate me
Posted on Dec 31, 2007
If I remember correctly, disconnect the print cable, then reboot the machine.
I saw that problem once and its been a while, but I do believe thats how I finally got it to stop.
Then clear out the print queue.
Posted on Mar 31, 2009
The rollers should be cleaned if the paper fails to feed smoothly into the unit. All document and media rollers should be cleaned using a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water.
1. The unit must be powered down and the power cord unplugged before cleaning the rollers. This will allow the rollers to be turned by hand in most cases. The paper should also be removed before cleaning the rollers.
2. Remove the rear access door to access the rollers. Clean any dust and debris from the rollers.
3. Open the unit and check the four small metal paper rollers (not the rubber rollers) in the interior of the unit. They should be clean and move freely. If these are not bright and shinny or have buildup on them, they should be cleaned. Also clean any dust and debris off of the rubber rollers.
4. Close the unit and reattach the rear access door.
5. Plug the power cord back in and power the unit up. It should reinitialize for about 20 seconds.
6. Print another extended self-test page.
==== Partial Reset ====
Press and hold # and 3 button on the unit while plugging in the power cord.
Note: For models that are not fax capable, press Plus (+) instead of #.
==== Semi Full Reset ====
Press and hold # and 6 button on the unit while plugging in the power cord.
NOTE: For models that are not fax capable, press plus (+) instead of #.
==== NVM RAM Reset ====
Press and hold OK and Cancel button while plugging in the power cord
Posted on May 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 21, 2014 | Xerox WorkCenter 3615/DN Mono Laser...
Jul 17, 2014 | Xerox Phaser 6250 Laser Printer
May 29, 2014 | Xerox WorkCentre 6605/N Color Laser...
Feb 19, 2011 | Xerox Phaser 8560MFP Laser Printer
Mar 21, 2009 | Xerox Phaser 8200N Printer
67 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: