Question about York Exercise & Fitness
Hi, I have a York Pacer 4500 treadmill, I can turn it on but when I try to start up and adjust the speed it displays Error 1 message on the screen and beeps and wont move. Can anyone tell me what the problem is and how I could fix it. Thank you.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Error 7 is a Safety Key Error..
that's the red magnetic circular thingy on the console.
Simply secure the safety key in place and try it again
Posted on Apr 20, 2009
SOURCE: TX 4.9 sportcraft treadmill
Info from PDF files located on Sportcrafts website under manuals.
E3 – No speed sensor reading. Unit shuts down. This is the most difficult repair diagnose. The speed
sensor is connected to the frame of the treadmill near the drive pulley on the front roller. There is a
small magnet on the side of the pulley wheel. The sensor tip must be no more than 5mm from the
magnet. If for any reason the distance is greater than 5mm the treadmill will shutdown
Adjust or replace speed sensor.
Treadmill: Speed Sensor Replacement
1. Make sure your treadmill is unplugged before you begin.
2. Remove the motor cover located in the front of your treadmill, it is held on by a few screws.
3. Locate your speed sensor; it is the small T shaped part with a red and black wire coming from it.
4. Remove the 2 screws in the speed sensor and remove the old sensor.
5. Place the adjustment holder on the frame with the open holes facing the pulley wheel, the prongs facing
up and way from the pulley wheel. Insert the screws but don’t tighten fully.
6. Now place the speed sensor over the prongs with the square part facing the pulley wheel and the red and
black wire to the far right.
7. Plug the treadmill back in and slide the speed sensor until it is 5mm from the magnet inside the pulley
wheel, you may have to do this several times until you can position it so it no longer shuts down. Use 2
nickels to figure out the spacing. The width of 2 nickels is 5mm.
8. Once you find the correct position tighten the screws all the way; being careful not to touch any of the other electronics
9. Place the motor cover back on and enjoy your machine.
Posted on Oct 17, 2009
Unplug unit pull your motor shroud off then inspect the motor pulley assembly plug in your unit while you rotate your speed handle you should be able to see the mechanical adjusting working if not then that mechanism needs repairing
Posted on Apr 16, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 25, 2014 | Kettler treadmill Pacer
Sep 19, 2014 | Exercise & Fitness
Mar 18, 2014 | York Exercise & Fitness
Apr 19, 2012 | York Exercise & Fitness
May 24, 2011 | York Barbell Home Use Fold-Up Treadmill
Apr 16, 2010 | York Exercise & Fitness
Feb 08, 2010 | York Barbell Home Use Fold-Up Treadmill
Jan 24, 2009 | York Yankees Bedding MLB Comforter
Jul 28, 2017 | York Exercise & Fitness
584 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: