Question about Pool & Spa
If water at the half way mark seems like plenty of water should flow into the skimmer, I would take a close look at what is stopping the water flow. The skimmer door should be free to lay horizontally.
Posted on May 21, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is common the first 30-60 seconds after turning the filter on. The filter is purging its self of the air, sometimes algae or small debris will shoot back into the pool as well.
If it is constantly getting air then replace your o-ring on the that clear cover (Strainer Cover) make sure you use a lubricant, and like djtc66 said re-wrap all threaded areas with teflon tape.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
This will give you the positions on the valve. It was a pain finding this... hope it helps. rex
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
sounds like you have air built up inside the filter when the pump shuts off. the most likely cause is a suction side air leak, bad lid o-ring or union o-ring or maybe even the threaded fitting going into the pump. When you turn the pump off, you may be able to see water squirting out wherever the leak is. Once you find/fix the suction side leak the filter should stay filled with water and not surge backwards when the pump turns off. Make sure you keep the filter clean as well.
Posted on Apr 22, 2010
1. try to check your sand level.
2. check your valve, T-joint,elbow and pipes for any cracks or any gap between all connections.
3. check your motor pump male adapter.
4. make sure your water level reaches all suction. esp vacuum and skimmers.
5. try to use first the main drain or the pool bottom suction to jump start your pool and force to **** water not air. BTW make sure you close the vacuum and skimmer valve. this two suction may cause air suction.
6. sand filter has two types manual and automatic air pleasure release. if yours is manual its easier for you to release you must open it until the air comes out. if yours is automatic you have to wait for a while and follow most of my tips listed above.
One more thing USE PLUNGER if you had a mud of solid stuff stuck on your pipes . but do not over use this this may also damage your pipe is you use too much of this.
Posted on Jul 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
May 12, 2014 | Hayward SAND FILTER, PRO SERIES
Feb 24, 2013 | Hayward SAND FILTER, PRO SERIES
May 30, 2012 | Hayward Pool & Spa
Jun 25, 2011 | Universal Kreepy Krauly In-Ground Pool...
Jun 04, 2011 | Hayward SAND FILTER, PRO SERIES
Aug 08, 2010 | Hayward S220t Top Mount Pro Series Sand...
Jul 16, 2010 | Hayward 3/4hp Super Pump Inground Pool...
Aug 05, 2009 | Universal Kreepy Krauly In-Ground Pool...
Apr 21, 2009 | Hayward 3/4hp Super Pump Inground Pool...
50 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!