Question about Epson Office Equipment & Supplies
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Try this as a last ditch effort. Remove the software. Reboot the computer and come off line. Disable the Anti Virus program. Now install the soft ware. Then try. If the red light still flashes then assume it is new scanner time.
Posted on Aug 02, 2007
SOURCE: Scan copy to computer
Here is what you do... There is a newer utility then the one that came with your scanner.
Please follow the steps below to do a clean installation of your scanner.
The first thing we need to do is remove any files that have been installed and start with a fresh installation.
1) RIGHT-CLICK on the MY COMPUTER icon and click on PROPERTIES.
2) Select the HARDWARE tab, then the DEVICE MANAGER button.
3) Remove the Epson Scanner from under IMAGING DEVICE and/or UNKNOWN and/or OTHER DEVICES by RIGHT-CLICKING on it and clicking UNINSTALL.
4) Disconnect the USB cable and close all open windows.
5) Click on START, and CONTROL PANELS.
6) Double-click on ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS. Highlight EPSON SCAN and click on CHANGE/REMOVE.
7) Restart your computer.
Please follow the steps below to download and install your scanner in XP:
1. Go to the website http://support.epson.com
2. Under the SCANNERS heading select PERFECTION SERIES and then your scanner model.
3. Under the Drivers & Downloads section select Windows.(Make sure it is the Epson Scan utility. Download the most current version of the Scanner Driver for your Windows operating system to your DESKTOP.
1) Double Click on the Epson1****.exe file that you downloaded to your DESKTOP.
2) Click OK, Unzip, and then OK again.
3) The installer will copy the files to the system. Click on FINISH when prompted.
4) Connect the USB cable. Windows will tell you new hardware is found and complete the install.
5) If a message appears indicating THE SCANNER HAS NOT PASSED WINDOWS LOGO TESTING, click CONTINUE ANYWAY. Then click FINISH.
6) Your scanner is now ready to use.
Use the following steps to scan with the Epson Scan utility:
1. Open Epson Scan by going into START, PROGRAMS, and EPSON SCAN.
2. If prompted, select your scanner from the list of models and click OK.
3. In the FILE SAVE SETTINGS window, you can designate the location, name and type of file the scans will be saved as.
-LOCATION defaults to MY DOCUMENTS. Click BROWSE if you wish to change this.
-PREFIX determines how the scan will be named. Type any name you like. You can also designate a start number.
-FILE TYPE dictates what format the scans will be saved in. ie. .JPG, .TIFF, .PDF, or .PICT)
-For example: if the prefix is "img", the start number is "1", and the format is "JPG", the name of the file saved in
PICTURES will be "IMG001.JPG". More settings for file format are found under OPTIONS.
4. Click OK once settings are changed as desired.
5. The EPSON SCAN window will open and begin scanning in FULL AUTO MODE. In FULL AUTO MODE the software makes all the decisions for you (as to what is being scanned, where it is on the flatbed, etc). This is the easiest way to scan.
6. If you want full control over the scanning process click PAUSE and change FULL AUTO MODE to HOME MODE or PROFESSIONAL MODE. In the latter two modes you can change your scan settings as desired. Click SCAN after you have selected your settings. Click CLOSE once the EPSON SCAN is finished scanning.
7. When scanning is complete, your images will be saved in the location specified on FILE SAVE SETTINGS, with the prefix and in the format you set.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
My guess is that the cd that you are attempting to use is for a different version of windows than you presently have. If that be the case; download new software and driver for the OS that you now have.
Posted on Jan 06, 2009
OUR SCANNER IS CONNECTED BUT DOES NOT WORKING. DOES NOT POWER ON THE "SCANNING LAMB" NOW THE TWO GREEN LIGHTS ARE FLASHING ( POWER AND READY ) BUT THE SCANNER DOES NOT WORK OR SCAN.
Posted on Mar 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 04, 2010 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 04, 2010 | HP Photosmart C5280 InkJet Printer
Jan 16, 2010 | Epson Perfection 4490 Photo Scanner...
May 21, 2009 | Epson Perfection V200 Flatbed Scanner
Mar 22, 2009 | Epson Perfection V200 Flatbed Scanner
Dec 09, 2008 | Umax PowerLook 2100XL Flatbed Scanner
Jul 04, 2008 | Epson Perfection 2400 Photo Flatbed...
Jun 12, 2008 | Epson Perfection 4990 Flatbed Scanner
Dec 15, 2007 | Epson Perfection 4490 Film / Flatbed...
Jul 26, 2007 | Epson Expression 1640XL Flatbed Scanner
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: