- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It may be the remote control. Have you tried operating the heater without the remote? If you haven't give it a try. This will tell you if the problem is with the remote of not. If works without using the remote, the remote may need new, fresh batteries. If that doesn't solve the problem, turn OFF the Master Switch on the heater to OFF. Unplug the heater and wait 12 to 15 minutes before plugging it back in. Turn the Master Switch on the heater ON. And try operating it. Hopefully, that time out, gave it enough time to reset itself.
I had the same problem with my fan and solved it with a reset. The reset button is on the back of the remote next to the dip switches. You have to take the battery cover off to see it.
Turn on the fan with heat, even though the heat doesn't work. Then, leaving the remote on, turn off the fan at the wall switch (or circuit breaker box). Wait a few minutes. Then turn on the power and within 30 seconds, press the reset button. You should be able to see a countdown from 5 to 0 on the remote screen.
You will need to consult your directions or your owners manuel.Their are probally dip switches that need to be set for remote so the heater can communicate with your remote. These will be small switches on your board that you will need a knife point or smaller to switch. They should be marked but get your glasses out to read them. good luck
The remotes are often a problem...I would advise against repairing it....sometimes the sensor for the vent isn't visible enough for the remote...the wires or sensor can be melted....The best/cheapest solution is to run a wire from the same two contacts the remote sensor are hooked up to on the gas valve...and install a switch on the wall....Turn the fireplace on with the flick of a switch....a Thermostat can also be connected to operate the fireplace using the same contacts as the remote
i to have an oldsmobile intrigue mine is a 2001 i heard remote starts can really mess a car up this one is tricky **** it could be bad wiring since the remote start have your wiring looked at then if needs replacing replace it fast before any more problems occor