Question about Vivitar V3800N 35mm SLR Camera
In much the same way as with any other 35mm SLR:-
1. Turn the rewind crank gently to take up any slack in the film.
2. Take your first photo. The 3800N has a special lens mask to help this process by blanking out one half or one quarter of the image, on other cameras a thin card mask over the lens achieves the same effect.
3. Hold the camera so that your thumb or finger is firmly on top of the rewind knob to stop it turning, whilst doing this press the rewind button on the base of the camera and then operate the film advance lever. By holding the rewind knob and pressing the rewind button, you allow the shutter to c0ck without advancing the film.
4. Turn the lens mask to cover the portion of the image which was just exposed.
5. Press the shutter using the same exposure value (EV) as previously used. Usually you'll use the same shutter speed and aperture, but by varying them and maintaining the same EV you can get some interesting effects.
6. If you're exposing more than two exposures on one frame then repeat as often as required.
7. Note that this is and always has been a bodge: the film frame often moves slightly between exposures except on a few specific SLRs which had a special multiple exposure setting. The V3800N is advertised as a multi exposure model but has no specific control for it, just the plastic lens mask.
Posted on Jul 29, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 10, 2013 | Samsung UN55B7100 TV
Nov 02, 2012 | RCA Televison & Video
Jul 31, 2010 | RCA HD52W56 52" Rear Projection HDTV
Sep 17, 2008 | Computers & Internet
Feb 13, 2008 | Televison & Video
Sep 05, 2007 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KD-27FS170 TV
Oct 02, 2016 | Vivitar V3800N 35mm SLR Camera
209 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: