Question about Microwave Ovens
It stopped working when the start button was pressed. It made a popping sound and it smelled like something had burned. Now there is no power to the unit. The house circuit breaker was not tripped.
If it went dead almost immediately after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a shorted high-voltage capacitor.
If it went dead a few seconds after pressing the Start pad, that's usually a failing high-voltage transformer.
It may also be the high-voltage rectifier diode.
If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information and disassembly information at our site, linked here on Fixya: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Feel free to post your brand and model so we might be able to give me specific info.
Posted on Nov 22, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 01, 2014 | Panasonic NN-H965WF - Microwave Oven...
Mar 27, 2014 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 05, 2011 | GE Profile Spacemaker JVM1871 Microwave...
May 30, 2009 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Jan 11, 2018 | Panasonic NN-H964 1200 Watts Microwave...
Jan 09, 2009 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Nov 27, 2008 | Panasonic NN-S954WF Microwave Oven
Oct 12, 2006 | Panasonic NN-T990SA Microwave Oven
660 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!