Question about ASUS M2N-E SLI (M2N-E SLI GREEN) Motherboard
Same problem like the others, I have disconnected everything from the MB except the CPU and fan, without any luck. I also cleared the CMOS.
please email me if you have a solution
There could be any number of reasons for this to happen...here are a few...
1. The fans simply bad
2. If the Mobo has at least "2" fan connections, make sure you have it plugged into the correct one for the CPU. (It should be marked on the board)
3. If you have a processor with pins, examine it closely and make sure none are bent or broken.
4. Reinstall the processor and make sure its "locked" into the board. While you're at it make sure the fan is secured as well, and you have thermal grease on the contact between the fan and processor.
5. The fan or the processor itself may simply be bad properly...
6. Check you're motherboard diagram and make sure all "pins" on the board are in the recommended "default" positions.
7. Finally, if all that checks out, it could very well be the board itself. I do this for a living and I cant begin to tell you how many new motherboards I've come across that were bad from the day they left the manufacturer.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
It's a bad power supply. Couldn't be a bad Power On switch, because it turns on for 2 seconds.
You have to have Ram to get the computer to function, besides the processor. All you will see is the BIOS Setup screen.
Been using the same power supply?
The power supply has bad Electrolytic Capacitors in it. These bad 'Caps' in turn make a weak voltage rail. You have three main voltage rails inside a computer power supply.
The 3.3 volt rail, the 5 volt rail, and the 12 volt rail.
With a weak voltage rail, the processor won't have enough power to run.
ALL the lights, (Lamps), use less than 1 Watt.
EACH fan uses 2 to 3 Watts.
Processors use 55 watts to 125 Watts. Depends on the processor.
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 08, 2010 | ASUS M2N-E SLI (M2N-E SLI GREEN)...
Nov 21, 2007 | ASUS M2N-E SLI (M2N-E SLI GREEN)...
Mar 02, 2010 | Gateway 503GR PC Desktop
Sep 10, 2009 | ASUS Computers & Internet
Nov 22, 2008 | ASUS M2N-MX Motherboard
Jul 18, 2008 | ASUS M2N-MX Motherboard
Mar 10, 2008 | ASUS M2N-E Motherboard
Feb 16, 2008 | ASUS M2N-E SLI (M2N-E SLI GREEN)...
Sep 27, 2007 | ASUS M2N-E SLI (M2N-E SLI GREEN)...
Aug 23, 2017 | ASUS M2N-E SLI (M2N-E SLI GREEN)...
142 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!