Question about Dishwashers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The rinse aid light means you are out of rinse aid. The salt light means you have to add salt to your built in water softener. If the drain/intake light is on, that is when you have a problem. It will flash when there is a problem. You have to count the flashes and that will tell you what the error is.
Posted on Jun 01, 2008
SOURCE: frigidaire dishwasher gldb957js0
try hitting 'heat dry' 'normal' 'heat dry' 'normal' should light up all the lights then go into test cycle washes, Once it finishes test, about 10 mins all should be good.
Posted on Aug 20, 2008
I did the same thing with my Maytag dishwasher, several times actually, before realizing I was putting blue dish soap in the rinse aid compartment which then wouldn't empty. Then my Maytag started making ominous noises during the rinse cycle (appliance guy said it was "cavitation" noise).
Appliance guy wanted to replace the whole detergent/rinse aid compartment but since he told me the noise was probably caused by the dish soap stuck in the rinse aid compartment, I decided to try to get rid of it first. Here is the method that worked for me; it took most of a day but saved me parts & labor:
1. Get some white vinegar--I used nearly a quart.
2. Fill the rinse aid compartment to brim with the vinegar (overfill) but don't put cap on
3. Raise the dishwasher door slowly until the vinegar drains into the lower part of the chamber (at least this is how my Maytag worked)
4. Agitate the contents as best you can by rapidly shaking the dishwasher door up & down.
5. I also used a small plastic medicine dropper jammed into small openings on each side of the rinse aid compartment to agitate the vinegar by squeezing air into them.
6. Drain the compartment by closing the dishwasher door (move it to full vertical)--vinegar will drain into the bottom of the dishwasher.
7. Repeat above steps a couple times, then fill again w/vinegar, put the cap on and let it stand for awhile. Then drain and repeat the whole routine several times.
8. Blue-colored vinegar will come out which is a good sign (or whatever color your dish soap was).
9. After awhile, I started pouring generous amts of very hot tap water thru the rinse aid compartment, alternating with white vinegar. (No reason you can't use hot vinegar also.)
10. Eventually, all the blue stuff came out & the see-thru levels of the rinse aid compartment were completely clear/empty.
11. Run the dishwasher (I decided to not put any rinse aid in). I got some overfoaming (from the washed out soap) the first time I ran it which I probably could have remedied by adding more vinegar & possibly salt, but the noises were gone!
I just ran the cleaned out dishwasher a 2nd time & it was back to its quiet self with no overfoaming.
Takes some patience but hey, beats a big repair bill!!
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
Phone Bosch 08448 928 979 for a step by step solution. Program select at 12 o'clock. Press ON/OFF and Time Delay button together. Press time delay button, display should change from 1 to 0, indicating warning light is inactive.
Posted on Jul 14, 2010
The ER error code means the touchpad is defective..sometimes that can be just a loose ribbon cable connection to control board. or if that seems tight the touchpad which is part of the console should be replaced
Posted on Aug 23, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 29, 2015 | Samsung 24 In. Stainless Steel Dishwasher...
Feb 05, 2008 | Electrolux 18 in. ESL4114 Slim-Line...
Mar 11, 2015 | Samsung DMT400RHS Builtin Dishwasher
Mar 11, 2015 | Samsung DMT400RHS Builtin Dishwasher
Wash Cycle Options
Delay Start (model dependent):
This option allows you to delay the start time of your dishwasher up
to 19 hours.
The Sanitize feature is available only in the Heavy, Auto, Normal and Half Load cycles. Press the
"Sanitize Option" button to activate the Sanitation features during these cycles. The technical sanitation
measures may also improve the drying results. The sanitize LED or The "Water Pipe" symbol will light when sanitation
requirements are met.
Note: The dishwasher automatically defaults to Auto Wash when turned off and back on. If you used the sanitize option
in your last cycle, the dishwasher will default to Auto Wash with the Sanitize option selected when you turn it on.
To achieve proper drying, always use a liquid rinse aid, even if your detergent contains a rinse aid or
Note: The dishwasher indicates low rinse aid by turning on the Refill Rinse Aid indicator LED (for units without
a display) or The "Spray Looking" symbol (for units with a display).
If this light is on, you need to refill the rinse aid dispenser
I got the idea that the "squiggly arrow" has something to do with the sanitize feature also. If you post your model number "on the inside right hand side of your dishwasher door" I'll go get your manual and post the link here. Hope this helps so far! :)
Jun 18, 2012 | Bosch 500 Series SHX55R55UC Fully...
Sep 08, 2011 | Dishwashers
Aug 20, 2010 | Fagor 18 in. LVC-21W Free-Standing...
Jun 27, 2010 | Bosch SHE99C05UC Dishwasher
Aug 04, 2009 | Zanussi 24 in. DA6141 Built-in Dishwasher
Jun 01, 2008 | Miele 24 in. G892SCU Plus Built-in...
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!