Question about Dishwashers
I have a Dishlex DX301 dishwasher
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
try adjusting the feet at the front of your dishwasher so it leans back slightly to keep the water towards the back of the washer
Posted on Dec 11, 2007
I did the same thing with my Maytag dishwasher, several times actually, before realizing I was putting blue dish soap in the rinse aid compartment which then wouldn't empty. Then my Maytag started making ominous noises during the rinse cycle (appliance guy said it was "cavitation" noise).
Appliance guy wanted to replace the whole detergent/rinse aid compartment but since he told me the noise was probably caused by the dish soap stuck in the rinse aid compartment, I decided to try to get rid of it first. Here is the method that worked for me; it took most of a day but saved me parts & labor:
1. Get some white vinegar--I used nearly a quart.
2. Fill the rinse aid compartment to brim with the vinegar (overfill) but don't put cap on
3. Raise the dishwasher door slowly until the vinegar drains into the lower part of the chamber (at least this is how my Maytag worked)
4. Agitate the contents as best you can by rapidly shaking the dishwasher door up & down.
5. I also used a small plastic medicine dropper jammed into small openings on each side of the rinse aid compartment to agitate the vinegar by squeezing air into them.
6. Drain the compartment by closing the dishwasher door (move it to full vertical)--vinegar will drain into the bottom of the dishwasher.
7. Repeat above steps a couple times, then fill again w/vinegar, put the cap on and let it stand for awhile. Then drain and repeat the whole routine several times.
8. Blue-colored vinegar will come out which is a good sign (or whatever color your dish soap was).
9. After awhile, I started pouring generous amts of very hot tap water thru the rinse aid compartment, alternating with white vinegar. (No reason you can't use hot vinegar also.)
10. Eventually, all the blue stuff came out & the see-thru levels of the rinse aid compartment were completely clear/empty.
11. Run the dishwasher (I decided to not put any rinse aid in). I got some overfoaming (from the washed out soap) the first time I ran it which I probably could have remedied by adding more vinegar & possibly salt, but the noises were gone!
I just ran the cleaned out dishwasher a 2nd time & it was back to its quiet self with no overfoaming.
Takes some patience but hey, beats a big repair bill!!
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
Phone Bosch 08448 928 979 for a step by step solution. Program select at 12 o'clock. Press ON/OFF and Time Delay button together. Press time delay button, display should change from 1 to 0, indicating warning light is inactive.
Posted on Jul 14, 2010
SOURCE: My Dishlex Global 300 dishwasher
I think I had the same problem. I don't know much about dishwashers, but the "Flashing Rinse" has something to do with the drain, or the drain pump (which is why the water doesn't drain).
My dishwasher stopped its cycle, after having filled up with water, even though everything else worked fine, because the drain pump was not even turning on. So I guess, the first question I asked was, is the drain blocked? No. When this happened the first time, the flashing rinse cam up. After that, the dishwasher just wouldn't drain, and there was no longer a flashing rinse.
So then, I figured, the drain pump is probably rooted. The drain pump is found underneith the dishwasher, just behind the front panel on the left hand side.You'll need to remove the metal covers from the front and the left.
When this happened to me, I thought I'd need to buy a new pump, so I pulled the other one out (its a bit fiddly, you have to disconnect the two electrical wires, then remove the drain pipe from it, and then wiggle it off. But when I got it out, I unscrewed it (it has the special hexagonal screws, not phillips or flathead), and it turns out, a fairly large fruit seed had got into the drain pump and blocked it, preventing it from spinning. I put it back together again, and it worked.
It so far has beaten paying $100 for a new pump.
If you want a visual of what the drain pump looks like, look up the dishwasher part number #8905912, you should be able to find it on the internet. Hope this helps.
Posted on Sep 17, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 11, 2015 | Samsung DMT400RHS Builtin Dishwasher
Mar 11, 2015 | Samsung DMT400RHS Builtin Dishwasher
Dec 02, 2014 | Electrolux Genuine ZANUSSI ZDF511...
Sep 03, 2014 | Electrolux Dishwashers
Jul 31, 2014 | Electrolux Dishwashers
May 02, 2014 | Dishwashers
Wash Cycle Options
Delay Start (model dependent):
This option allows you to delay the start time of your dishwasher up
to 19 hours.
The Sanitize feature is available only in the Heavy, Auto, Normal and Half Load cycles. Press the
"Sanitize Option" button to activate the Sanitation features during these cycles. The technical sanitation
measures may also improve the drying results. The sanitize LED or The "Water Pipe" symbol will light when sanitation
requirements are met.
Note: The dishwasher automatically defaults to Auto Wash when turned off and back on. If you used the sanitize option
in your last cycle, the dishwasher will default to Auto Wash with the Sanitize option selected when you turn it on.
To achieve proper drying, always use a liquid rinse aid, even if your detergent contains a rinse aid or
Note: The dishwasher indicates low rinse aid by turning on the Refill Rinse Aid indicator LED (for units without
a display) or The "Spray Looking" symbol (for units with a display).
If this light is on, you need to refill the rinse aid dispenser
I got the idea that the "squiggly arrow" has something to do with the sanitize feature also. If you post your model number "on the inside right hand side of your dishwasher door" I'll go get your manual and post the link here. Hope this helps so far! :)
Jun 18, 2012 | Bosch 500 Series SHX55R55UC Fully...
Aug 12, 2009 | Electrolux 24 in. EDW5505EPS Stainless...
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!