Question about Water Water Heaters
Night element gives me constant hot water. I have changed the fuse in the wall switch and have checked all the wires and they all look connected as far as I can tell.
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sounds like the by-pass valve diaphragm. This valve detects that hot water is being drawn off at the tap and then diverts the mains input water across the heat exchanger. Very often it's the diaphragm inside the valve which is punctured or split.This can be replaced [depending on model] if you take apart the valve
. Remove the front panel and lower the control panel.The valve is at the bottom left of the boiler
Suggest turning off the service taps to the two heating pipes and the cold mains inlet pipes before tackling the valve
Posted on Mar 20, 2010
Turn on the boiler and jump out the pressure by putting a wire between the 2 electric connections only after the unit fires up than put the jumper on, if it runs ok it is the pressure switch.
Posted on Jul 23, 2010
1) You posted under Rheem-GE electric water heater.
If upper element is burned out, then water heater will not heat any water.
2) Replace upper element:
3) Open following link for complete troubleshoot:
This troubleshoot assumes you have standard thermostats and elements.
4) Manuals and links. I do not see 'smart lights' in the manual.
Troubleshooting starts page 15.
5) Add a comment with your experience so other with same-similar problem can benefit.
Also take advantage of fixya expert assistance live.
For a price, expert works with you while you work on water heater or any do-it-yourself project.
Fixya is always less expensive than a service call.
Posted on Mar 26, 2011
SOURCE: Have a Reliance model 640 DORS,bought end of 2008, replaced both heating elements 3 months ago, was told that is what was needed,water at that time was getting very hot, really too hot, after changing
Replace both thermostats.
Openfollowing link for electric water heater troubleshoot:
Posted on Jun 02, 2012
1) I bet the water heater has hot water, but hot does not arrive at tap because of bad faucet cartridge or bad recirculation system check valve
2) When cold water arrives at tap, go check if water heater has hot water. Then do the crossover test. Then add comment and say what you discover
3) Electric water heaters can be repaired by homeowner using generic off-the-shelf parts from local hardware store.
Posted on Feb 19, 2013
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 12, 2015 | Water Water Heaters
Jan 05, 2015 | Water Water Heaters
May 02, 2014 | Bosch Ariston GL6-plus GL6+ Point-of-Use...
Jun 19, 2013 | Water Heaters
Occasionally, the high temperature limit shut off device may trigger and shut the
system down. This occurs when water temperature exceeds 190° F and shuts off
power to the heating element. The shut off device may also trigger from a power
outage or electrical storm.
To reach the thermostat:
1. Pry off the round cover plate (V Fig. 3/1) from its right hand edge (W Fig. 3/1) with
a small flat-head screwdriver.
2. Remove the Phillips screw revealed beneath the round cover plate.
3. The cover (C Fig. 3/1) can now be removed by pulling out its left-hand edge. When
reassembling, work in the opposite way being careful to insert the tongue of the
cover into the slot.
4. Firmly press reset button (B Fig. 4). Reconnect power.
5. IMPORTANT: Check the operation of the thermostat, turn temperature dial from
high to low, if the red light does not go off on low setting, turn off power supply and
call a service person to replace the thermostat.
6. If the system works, place dial setting to desired setting. Note: a lower setting is
more economical and reduces the risk of scalding. Replace cover plate.
CAUTION: Call a technician if the high limit needs to be reset frequently.
PlumbingSupply.com has the Ariston repair parts that you need.
Diagram # Model # Description Price & Quantity 2 570241 Anode Rod for GL6 and GL8Ti $13.99 2 574305 New Style Anode Rod for GL2.5 and 4.0 $12.95 3 994147 Element Gasket $11.95 4 994140 Element Locknut - 4 Each Req. Per Element - sold each $2.99 5 994103 Element for GL2.5 and GL4.0 $37.95 5 994104 Element for GL6 $39.97 11 65105602
old #994062 Thermostat for GL2.5 and GL4.0 $29.52 11 65150322
old #994102 Thermostat for GL6 $32.57 GL25-4KIT Element, Element Gasket and Anode Rod Kit - For GL2.5Ti & GL4.0Ti $47.65 GL6-8KIT Element, Element Gasket and Anode Rod Kit - For GL6 & GL8Ti $48.65 Note: If you don't see your number unfortunately it is no longer available
Feb 02, 2010 | Bosch GL4Ti Ariston Pro Ti Electric...
Jan 01, 2009 | Bosch PowerStar AE125 AE125 Whole House...
Mar 10, 2018 | Water Water Heaters
51 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: