Question about Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Brother Print Unable 50 Error
The encoder strip switched off the ph and has to be set into place again.
see here how to fix it:
(enlarge the browser window to see pics somewhat better)
when you have set the encoder strip in pos. again stick some scotch tape on the top of the ph cover where the strip runs thru to prevend the slipping off again on next paper jam ;-)
Posted on Mar 29, 2008
There are several issues that pertain to this code, including a service update. If your printer is still under warranty – visit your local ASC, find one here, this issue is covered! First off, the Service Update, the encoder strip needs to be cleaned with a lint free cloth. The encoder strip is responsible for relaying the position of the print head to the main pcb. If the encoder strip gets dirty, many different problems can occur. The encoder strip is exposed, which allows grease, paper dust, finger prints, ink, etc. to get onto the encoder strip. (The white strip when you open the scanner cover)
If the machine still errors, the encoder strip needs to be replaced – Part Number LS4467001
If the machine still errors, replace the carriage PCB assembly – Part Number LS6543001
If the machine still errors, replace the Printhead – Part Number LK3211001
If the machine still errors, replace the Main PCB assembly – Part Number LT0284011
THANK YOU FOR USING FIXYA! – DON’T FORGET TO RATE OUR SERVICE!
Posted on Feb 03, 2010
the proper reset code sequence to reset DCP printers without numeric keypad should be as follows:
1. press buttons OK, Menu, Mono Start one by one, followed by up arrow key four times. this should all be done as short a time as possible, around 3 seconds.
2. enter maintenance mode 80 by pressing the up/down arrow key and set key to select numbers 8 and 0
3. press blue MONO start button to select PURGE which requires it to be pressed a number of times before PURGE appears on the LCD screen of the printer
4. then use the up'down key and OK button to enter the reset code 2, 7, 8 and 3 keys to reset the counter : Note this does not overwrite the number next to PURGE on the LCD screen but once the last number is added it gets reset to 0000
5. press Stop/Exit key to go to root of maintenance mode
6. enter 9,9 to exit maintenance mode
Posted on Jan 23, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 08, 2017 | Brother DCP-J140w Wireless Compact Inkjet...
Jul 22, 2016 | Brother Dcp J140w - Multifunct
Feb 16, 2015 | Brother DCP-J140W
Dec 03, 2014 | Brother DCP-J140W
Sep 09, 2014 | Brother DCP-J140w Wireless Compact Inkjet...
Mar 12, 2014 | Brother DCP-J140w Wireless Compact Inkjet...
Jul 17, 2018 | Brother Office Equipment & Supplies
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!