Question about Sony Televison & Video
Set-up (Programming) procedure is too much to type in here, and is not practical and it will differ brand-to-brand remote controls. If you wish to get more; check the sites linked here. The site has set-up code list & set-up procedure to many popular brand remote controls. The site has general set-up codes to check with TVs and other devices are given, in the order of the 'device's brand name list' in alphabetical order. Set-up code list to many brand remote controls also is given. Pull up older posts. Search the sites by type in the brand name to your device in its search box at the top right part of the display window. It will help you to find the document easily.
• If your device does not respond to the remote after trying all codes listed or your brand is not listed in the code list, use the Auto Code Search method to program your remote.
• Sometimes the first code that "works" with your device may operate only a few functions of your device. There may be another code in the code list that performs more functions. Try other codes from the code list for more functionality.
This is a trial and error procedure; and quiet time consuming. You might have to check different codes said for your device.
Search the site by type in the "brand name" to your device; to which you want set-up codes; in the "Search box at the top right of the display window" to get gathered related posts. .
Posted on Apr 30, 2017
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Code to enter on remote
I have the same problem with the Sony SBD-s360 blue ray and the Verizon Fios remote. Not codes work and I tried over 1000 search codes with no luck. Verizon needs to replace the remote with a later model
Posted on Jan 03, 2010
Try to update the firmware on the player by going to this website http://www.blu-ray.com/firmware/firmware.php?id=10 the newest version is 5.20 fixes alot of problems including playback issues with some BD movies and safe the file into a flash drive and plug it in on the back USB port, go to menu/firmware update run the update.
Posted on Jan 12, 2010
SOURCE: How to change region code
You can set your BDP-S570 region free in case of playing DVD discs from all regions. But making region free to Blu-Ray discs is yet to come. To make it region free, you must have a special remote mentioned below. With its original remote, this cannot be done. All the proceedings are given.
To make BDP-S570 Region Free for DVD play.
This hack is the same as for the S370, 360, and S550
and uses the "One For All Kameleon 6 " or URC-7950 remote
[Please note the remote control model need to make it region free]
At first, the remote must be programmed to make the DVD region free. Do the following to make it programmed. There are 32 steps for this.
1. Press and hold the [Magic Hat] button until the rabbit appears (the IR indicator bars also flash twice)
The Rabbit in the Magic Hat should be visible for all the following steps.
Pausing too long will cause the Rabbit to dissappear.
If it dissappears then repeat step 1 and also the block of instructions you were doing at the time.
2. Press [DEV SET]
3. Press [DVD]
4. Press 0533
5. Press [OK] - The IR indicator bars flash twice
6. Press [ESC]
7. Press [KEY MAGIC]
8. Press [DVD]
9. Press (but don't hold) the [Magic Hat] button
10. Press 00189
11. Press 1 (The IR indicator bars flash twice)
12. Press [KEY MAGIC]
13. Press [DVD]
14. Press (but don't hold) the [Magic Hat] button
15. Press 00255
16. Press 2 (The IR indicator bars flash twice)
17. Press [KEY MAGIC]
18. Press [DVD]
19. Press (but don't hold) the [Magic Hat] button
20. Press 00095
21. Press 3 (The IR indicator bars flash twice)
22. Press [KEY MAGIC]
23. Press [DVD]
24. Press (but don't hold) the [Magic Hat] button
25. Press 00221
26. Press 4 (The IR indicator bars flash twice)
27. Press [KEY MAGIC]
28. Press [DVD]
29. Press (but don't hold) the [Magic Hat] button
30. Press 00079
31. Press 5 (The IR indicator bars flash twice)
32. Press [ESC]
The remote is now programmed and ready to use, to make the BDP-S570 region free:
Then Comes the region free setting procedure
1. Use the remote that came with the player to bring the player out of standby, make sure there isn't a disc in it. It should read "HOME" on the front panel.
2. Press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 on the oneforall remote. The blue 24p light will start flashing on the front panel
3. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
4. Next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback
Posted on Jan 20, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 11, 2016 | Sony Televison & Video
Nov 23, 2013 | Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Aug 21, 2012 | Sony BDP-S570 Blu-Ray Player
Mar 03, 2012 | Sony BDP-S570 Blu-Ray Player
Jan 21, 2012 | Televison & Video
Jul 17, 2011 | Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Nov 05, 2010 | Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Jun 17, 2009 | Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Jan 05, 2009 | Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Dec 10, 2007 | Sony BDP-S300 Blu-Ray Disc Player
Apr 20, 2018 | Sony Televison & Video
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!