How do I change the combination on my Unican 1000 keyless lock? thx john
The door must be open.
On models with the passage feature, make sure the passage feature is disengaged: turn knob or key should be in vertical position (A) (see figure 1).
1. Insert the DF-59 control key (B) into the combination change plug
C) and unscrew the cylinder by turning the key
ounterclockwise. Remove the combination change plug to gain access to the combination change sleeve (see figure 1).
2. Turn the outside knob/lever once clockwise (all the way, until it stops) then release. The latch should not retract (see figure 4).
3. Enter the existing combination. On new installations, use the factory- set combination: depress 2 and 4 simultaneously, (release), then 3
elease). You should feel a slight click as each button is depressed.
4. Insert the spanner wrench as shown in figure 2 to engage the combina- tion change sleeve (A). Gently turn the spanner wrench clockwise to the stop position (a slight click should be felt), then turn the spanner wrench counter-clockwise to the stop position (A) (see figure 3). Remove the spanner wrench.
5. Turn the outside knob/lever once clockwise all the way until it stops, then release. The latch should not retract (see figure 4).
6. Choose your new combination, write it down, then enter the new combination-depress buttons carefully (a slight click should be felt as each button is depressed).
Note: You can use one button or all five for a combination, but each button can only be used once. You can depress two or more buttons simultaneously as a step in the combination.
7. Turn the outside knob/lever clockwise once, all the way, until it stops, hold in position and make sure the latch is retracted (see figure 5).
elease the knob/lever.
Note: If your lock is opening on every turn of the knob or lever, except upon entering a code, this may be a ZERO CODE. Before attempting to remove the lock from the door, refer to the troubleshooting procedures outlined at bottom of this document for a zero code symptom/solution.
1000/L1000 Series FAQ
Changing the Code/Combination
hope this helps
and here is the link to the change code web site
please take the time to rank my advice
Dec 07, 2010 |
Simplex Kaba Ilco Unican 1000 keyless...