Question about Washing Machines
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
I think my set i just got today used is a 3 speed.Seems to be alright for now.There is a thing i was told called a harmonic balance it might be off or messed up.Tina.A(nc)
Posted on Apr 27, 2008
The most likely cause for water fill temperature problems is the solenoid has burned out, usually cold first, it gets used more. Not a repairable item , easy to replace
Posted on May 25, 2008
SOURCE: washing machine does not spin
If the unit is making noise while set to spin but not spinning replace the motor coupling for the fix.
If the unit is silent when set to spin replace the lid switch for the fix.
Both are very common and not expensive plus easy to find online with the model number under the lid. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Posted on Apr 11, 2009
The back panel does not come off. You need to remove the outer casing in order to access the internal components. The following steps explain how:
1. Unplug washing machine.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Under the console will be two large brass colored clips. Take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the groove of the clip on the washer top. With the screwdriver firmly in the groove, push away from you towards the back of the washer. This will release the clips.
5. Disconnect the lid switch connector plug. This is the white colored plug on the washer top under the console.
6. Remove the washer casing. Open the lid of the washer. Using one hand, grip under the front rim of the washer opening. Do not grab the wash tub, just the casing. Tilt the washer case from the back first towards you, slide forward slightly, and then lift up. The entire case comes off exposing the wash tub and components.
With the case removed, you should now have full access to all the internal components and be able to complete a thorough inspection. If the leak is coming from the rear of the washer, check your water inlet valve and associated hoses. Inspect the tub ring where the water dispenses into the wash basket and make sure it is not cracked, or has any loose hoses. If you need assistance in determining where the leak may be coming from, please let me know.
To reassemble the washer, perform the following steps:
1. Re-install washer case. With the lid of the washer open, place grasp case under front rim and place it on the washer frame. While looking down through the washer lid opening, make sure the front lip of the case is placed UNDER the washer frame and rocked back onto the frame to ensure that the small cleats on the frame fit into the slotted grooves on the washer case base. If you do not get the case seated correctly it will rattle and vibrate while the washer is in operation.
2. Make sure the back of the washer fits into the washer casing on each side by leaning over the front of the washer and grasping the back panel and pull towards you. Reinsert the brass clips by placing the clips into the slot on the back of the washer first, and then forcefully push then down into the opening on top of the washer.
3. REINSTALL LID SWITCH CONNECTOR. It is easy to forget. If you do not reconnect it, the washer will not work correctly.
4. Reinstall console.
If you have any questions along the way, please let me know. I hope you find this information helpful.
Posted on May 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 19, 2015 | Fisher and Paykel Washing Machines
Nov 03, 2017 | Kenmore 24032\24036 Top Load Washer
Feb 28, 2013 | Whirlpool Clothes Washer Heavy Duty...
Sep 15, 2010 | Washing Machines
Feb 23, 2009 | Washing Machines
Nov 16, 2008 | Washing Machines
Nov 11, 2008 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Oct 08, 2008 | GE Washing Machines
Nov 17, 2017 | Washing Machines
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!