I relocated to Brisbane , Australia from Durban , South Africa with my Teac PL-D2100 (Euro 2) and it does not play DVDs here. Wrong Region displayed. The Teac system was bought in Durban, RSA. I cannot...
DVD manufacturers are only allowed by Hollywood to let their players play DVD's from the country that the unit is purchased from. To get around this some hackers have broken into the operating systems of the player and change the system so that it will play DVD's from any countries. Nor all players have these codes, and not all players of one model number will have the same code work on them.
You can try the following steps out and they might change your unit so that it will play any DVD. It's important that you know if you do try the process and it does change the player your warranty will be voided. Here are the steps:
1. "POWER ON"
2. Open DVD tray.
3. Using the remote control, press "VOLUME^" button.
4. Press the "AUDIO" button. Region Code 2 will be displayed on TV.
5. PRESS CURSOR UP/DOWN "V" button until Region Code Number on TV screen changes to "0".
6. Press "ENTER" button to store.
7. "POWER OFF" and then "POWER ON".
Mar 07, 2011 |
Teac PLD2000 System