Question about PRINTER Office Equipment & Supplies
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: canon mp160
First step I would try is; unplug printer usb cable, then power down printer, reconnect usb cable to printer, power printer back on. If all this fails then lets try one other possible fix. Go to start select RUN & type services.msc, ok now you should have a services window that popped up. On the right hand side locate "Printer Spool" and right click on it, then select "Restart". this should refresh your printer spool. Hope this was helpful.
Posted on Sep 05, 2007
Check your printer connections.
Go to printer folder and clean all pending jobs.
Turn off your printer
Turn off your computer
Turn on your computer
Turn on yor printer
Check the status fo the printer must be "ready" (at the printer folder)
If not replace the printer cable.
Is still the problem remain, uninstall an reinstall the printer.
Posted on Oct 08, 2008
Download and install this Critical Update for your printer directly from HP.
There have been cases where if the PC is turned off or goes into hibernate this can occur. To work around this issue the "HP CUE DeviceDescovery Service" must be disabled:
1) Click on the "Start Menu" icon on the bottom left corner of the screen, type "services.msc" in the "Start Search" edit box, and hit enter. This will trigger Vista to pop-up a "User Account Control" dialog to prompt for permission to continue. Click "Continue" to allow Vista to open the Services management console application.
2) The Services management console application is made up of 2 panels. The right panel contains a list of all services available on the system. Scroll thru this list and look for a service called "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service".
3) Right-click on "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service" and select "Properties" to open the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog.
4) From the "HP CUE DeviceDiscovery Service Properties" dialog, click on the "General" tab. If the "Service status" shows that the service has started, click on the "Stop" button to force the service to stop.
5) Change the "Start type" to "Disabled" and click on the "OK" button on the bottom of the dialog to apply the changes.
1. Set the printer to a static IP address
2. Logon to the machine as the administrator or with admin rights.
3. Remove/Reinstall the printer using the IP address
Posted on Dec 14, 2008
I had the same problem with a Brother MFC-6490CW AIO printer. Here is how I resolved it:
Open the printers folder.
Right-click on the Brother printer and display the Properties page
Select the Ports tab.
In my system (Vista Premium), the selected port was a WSD port (whatever that means). Further down the list, there was a TCP/IP port that was obviously created by the Brother installation software. I selected the Brother-created TCP/IP port (which deselected the WSD port), applied the changes, and suddenly my printer was online. No idea what the difference between these two ports is, but I'll stick with the TCP/IP port until further notice.
Posted on Mar 02, 2009
Phoned Canon today with the same problem. All I had to do was right click on the MP620 printer in printer control panel, then make sure that "Use Printer Offline"is not selected. Worked for me. Goodluck
Posted on Jun 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 12, 2016 | PRINTER Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 28, 2014 | HP Office Equipment & Supplies
Jan 12, 2014 | Canon PIXMA MX712 Wireless Inkjet Office...
May 12, 2013 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 02, 2011 | HP Deskjet D4260 Printer
May 20, 2010 | HP PSC 1210 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Nov 30, 2009 | HP OfficeJet 7410 All-In-One InkJet...
May 31, 2009 | HP DeskJet 3940 InkJet Photo Printer
Apr 13, 2008 | Brother HL-2070N Laser Printer
24 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: