Question about Health & Beauty

1 Answer

Swallow Syncope - where can I find a doctor in Florida who knows how to treat this?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert who has achieved Level 3.

  • Master
  • 923 Answers

Read through the search results below, or search the resulting page for either FL or Florida.

Posted on Apr 27, 2017


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Who is my primary doctor?

Hello, Hugh -

Only you know who your primary doctor is.

That is the medical professional whom you routinely make appointments to see and by whom you are treated.

If you need to indicate what doctor is your primary physician for some insurance information and you do not yet have one, you will need to choose one from the list of doctors which accept the particular health care insurance you have (or wish to have), contact that doctor's office, and find out if he / she is accepting new patients.

Best wishes.

Jan 08, 2018 | Health & Beauty

1 Answer

My throat is sore, can't swallow, also need more Glipizide

this is fixya not a or your doctors office /site need to notify doctor for your complaint and meds request

Apr 25, 2017 | Health & Beauty

1 Answer

Do I need to see doctor or am i able to self treat Thnx

If you're sick do not self treat or diagnose, go see a doctor. You may think it's one thing, and it could turn out to be something completely different. It's better to be safe. Good luck!

Apr 03, 2017 | Health & Beauty

1 Answer

Do you know the difference between family medicine and internal medicine?

Internal Medicine generally involves treating, preventing, and diagnosing diseases in adults. An Internal Medicine doctor can treat almost everything from the common cold to women's health issues. They will often refer you to a specialist if they think that you need more in depth care.

Family Medicine on the other hand generally involves treating, preventing, and diagnosing diseases in family members of all ages including children. A Family Medicine doctor can treat everything from the common cold to a child's case of the chicken pox. They generally have a wide range of services and they often offer convenient night and weekend appointments for busy families.

In terms of who you want to treat you, that depends on your personality. If you get timid at the doctor's office and prefer to be handled with kid gloves and TLC, you will generally want a Family Medicine doctor. If on the other hand you want a know BS general doctor who you can see whenever you have a health issue arise, then you are better off going with an Internal Medicine doctor.

Mar 28, 2017 | The Health & Beauty

3 Answers

Is this a suboxin for opiate addiction

Yes according to me, suboxone is good for treating opiate addiction. There are many Suboxone doctors available for treating this kind of addiction. You can prefer many of the doctors as well as medicines which the doctors prescribed you.

Apr 21, 2015 | Health & Beauty

1 Answer

Is there a doctor to a person who can't hear

Hi there,

Have a blessed day.

When it comes to diagnosing and treating ear problems, doctors basically have three levels of "ear expertise." They are from least to most-primary care physicians (PCP), ear, nose & throat doctors (ENTs) and otologists/neurotologists. Each has their own niche.
1. Medical Doctors/Primary Care Physicians (MD/PCP) Often your first contact with the medical community is with a standard Medical Doctor (MD), often called a Primary Care Physician (PCP), General Practitioner (GP) or Family Doctor. These doctors have no specialized training in treating ear problems. However, you often need to go to one of these doctors in order to get a referral to an ear specialist such as an ENT or otologist.
Family doctors normally treat ear conditions of the outer ear and ear canal such as removing ear wax or treating infections in the ear canal. For problems in the middle and inner ear, they should immediately refer you to the appropriate ear specialist.
2. Ears, Nose & Throat Doctors (ENT) The middle level of "ear expertise" is the Ear, Nose & Throat doctor, commonly referred to as an ENT. The fancy term for these doctors is otolaryngologist (OH-toe-lar-ing-JOL-uh-jist) or sometimes by the ******-twisting name of otorhinolaryngologist (OH-toe-RYE-noe-lar-ing-JOL-uh-jist). (When you break this name down, it is easier to understand and pronounce. Oto-ear, rhino-nose and larynx-throat). Sometimes these doctors are called EENTs (eyes, ears, nose and throat doctors).
ENTs are medical doctors that have taken further training and specialized in problems of the ears, nose and throat.
Despite the name, ENTs do not spend a lot of their time working with ears. One otologist told me that he estimated the average ENT only spent about 5% of his time with ears. Thus you cannot expect them to be experts on many kinds of ear problems.
ENTs generally specialize in problems of the middle ear-typically middle ear infections and medical problems of the middle ear. This may include surgical procedures for things like otosclerosis, or removing middle ear tumors such as cholesteatomas. They may also perform CI surgery.
3. Otologists (Neurotologists) At the top of the pile is the otologist (oh-TOL-uh-jist) and neurotologist (NEU-roe-oh-TOL-uh-jist). Otologists and neurotologists are medical doctors who have trained as ENTs and then completed additional studies is the sub-specialty of otology (or neurotology). These are the real ear experts and are the doctors that know the most about inner ear problems.
If you experience sudden hearing loss and there is no obvious reason, these are the doctors that most likely will be able to help you. In fact, otologists/neurotologists are the only doctors (as a whole) that seem to recognize the true emergency nature of sudden hearing loss. Unfortunately, there are not very many otologists/neurotologists in the country.

Hope it helps.

Thank you for using fixya.

Oct 08, 2011 | Health & Beauty

Not finding what you are looking for?
Health & Beauty Logo

Related Topics:

46 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Health & Beauty Experts

Robin Hill
Robin Hill

Level 3 Expert

1271 Answers


Level 2 Expert

280 Answers


Level 3 Expert

78010 Answers

Are you a Health and Beauty Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides