I have created this document that will step you through the setup and also enter your password for your network. Hope this helps you.
Follow these steps to setup your Roku player
1. Connect to your TV
- Use a HDMI cable. Connect one end to the HDMI port of the Roku player, and the other end to an available HDMI input on your TV.
- Make note of the TV input used.
2. Power up key components
- Open the battery compartment and carefully insert the provided batteries into the slots, following the correct battery orientation.
- Power up the Roku player by connecting the provided power adapter to the Roku player and to an available wall outlet.
- Turn on your TV and select the correct TV input.
3. Connect to your network
- If you are using a wireless network, select "Wireless" as your network connection:
- Select your network from the list of available networks.
- Enter your wireless network password when prompted. (Note: passwords are case-sensitive)
- If you are using an Ethernet wired connection, select "Wired (Ethernet)" as your network connection.
4. Complete guided setup
- Get the latest software
- Your Roku player will let you know if there is a software update available, and will restart after the update
- Link your Roku player from any Internet browser
- A link code should be displayed on the TV screen after restart
- Using an Internet browser, follow the instructions to link your Roku player to a new or an existing Roku account.
Help for common setup mistakes and solutions
I don't see any picture on the TV
TV is OFF
Roku is OFF
Wrong TV input
Ensure TV is ON (it's more common than you think)
Check all connectors are snugly in place
Check power adapter is snugly connected, and wall outlet is working
Select the correct TV input
I can not connect to wireless network
Weak wireless signal
Wrong wireless name
Wrong wireless password Wireless name hidden
Move Roku player location (even a few inches may help)
Ensure correct network name selected
Ensure correct password entered
SSID can be hidden, use "Add Network" from wireless network screen
My remote does not work
Not in line of site
Get closer and ensure there are no obstacles between your remote and the Roku player
Try a fresh set of batteries
Resolving wireless connectivity
If your Roku player isn't connecting to your wireless network, try the following:
Repeat guided setup • •
Go to Settings>Network>Wireless•
If "Update connection" is available, select it to refresh your connection
If not, just select your wireless network from the list, enter your wireless password when prompted
If you were previously and just lost connection, you may not need to enter your password again
Passwords are case-sensitive
Restart the Roku player and • your wireless network
• • •
Unplug the power connector from • the back of the Roku player
Unplug the power connector from the back of your wireless router
Unplug the power connector from the back of your modem
Plug the power connector back into modem (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot)
Plug the power connector back into the wireless router (wait a couple of minutes for it to fully boot)
Plug the power connector back into your Roku player, and wait for the image on your TV
Follow repeat guided instructions above
Your wireless router and modem may be combined as one device
Factory reset the Roku player
From the Roku home screen, sele•ct Settings>Factory reset and follow the instructions
Note: You can also reset the Roku• player using the reset button. Find the reset button on your Roku player, press and hold for 15-20 seconds ( the front LED will rapidly blink a few times)
Factory reset should be used as the last resort, if all other steps failed to recover functionality
After a reset, you will need to relink your Roku player to your Roku account, and setup subscribed channels with username and password, if applicable
If you forgot your password, you can recover it here at this URL:
A new password will be sent to the email account listed in your account. If you do not see the email, be sure to check your spam filter.