English-Spanish bi-directional word translator function is available
for download. Refer to "Downloading database" on page 32 for
1. In the Main menu, tap
]to enter the Word Translator Mode.
Spanish translation is set by default. To change the
translation direction, tap the division arrow, or use
3. Enter the desired source word and press
x. The matching
English or Spanish word will then be displayed.
• When the icon "
j" or "
l" is activated, more letters exist. To view
the remaining letters of long words that cannot be accommodated
on the screen, use
j or l to scroll.
• If there is no matching word, "NOT FOUND!" is displayed. The
word next in alphabetical order will then be displayed.
to scroll through the word list, or enter a new
word using the keyboard, and press
xfor another search.
• If you choose not to download the Dictionary Database for the
English/Spanish Translator, then the extra memory space will be
utilized by other applications.
In such case however, the Word Translator function will be disabled;
]icon will display a message "NO DATA!".
To learn how to download the Dictionary Database, refer to the
section "Downloading database" on page 32.
• The downloaded database for this Word Translator is utilized also by
the Spell checker; do not delete the database if you intend to use the
Spell checker function.
5-Language Phrase Mode
5-Language Phrase Mode is available for download. Refer to
"Downloading database" on page 32 for details.
Select an English key phrase to find equivalent expressions in four
different languages - German, French, Italian, and Spanish.
A phrase can be browsed under a traveling situation, or can be
selected from a list of words.
To search phrases in a certain situation
1. In the Main menu, tap Phrases to
enter the Phrase Mode.
2. Select the desired target language.
3. Select the desired scene to
browse the relevant phrases. For
example, select "3. Airport".
4. Tap the desired phrase to select.
Tapping the phrase one more time
to display the entire phrase.
x to display the equivalent phrase in the target
The Database menu of the Desktop Utilities allows you to download
database for the Word Translator / Spell Checker, and 5-Language
Phrase Mode from the CD-ROM.
1. Insert the PC software CD-ROM.
2. Click "Download" in the Database of the Desktop Utilities.
3. Select a file you wish to download, then click "Open".
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it and give a testimonial for my response.