Question about Televison & Video
Those blinks [flashes] are fault indication (Error Codes). From the number of blinks occur at one time switch ON, you can get an idea about the faulty circuit section inside it. This will make repair easy. These are called blinking codes. Make sure about the exact number of blinking of the standby/power LED, by switching On & OFF the set, for at least two times. Count it carefully. If you wish to get some details, check the site linked here. It has details about blinking codes, and fault locating procedure, to many popular brand TVs and other devices.
If blinks continue without any pause, the main board is faulty.
Posted on Apr 25, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Emailed Topuptv and got this reply
Thank you for contacting Top Up TV.
Please note that we are currently aware of an issue affecting some Thomson DTi6300 boxes.
If your DTR will not come out of standby and is not responding to your remote control, please try the following procedures.
Step 1: Power cycle
First of all, remove the power to the box and wait 20 seconds before restoring power.
Wait while the box tries to restart and allow 2 -3 minutes for this to complete.
Try this at least twice.
If it doesn't go to the solid green light then proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Front Panel Reset
Note: This procedure will unfortunately cause you to lose all of the recordings that you have stored on the box. You will need to be able access the back of the DTR and the front panel buttons
1. Remove power to the unit by removing the power cable from the back of the DTR.
2. Wait 20 seconds and restore the power cable while holding in the standby/power on button on the front panel of the DTR.
3. Release the standby button immediately you see a light 'blip' on the DTR front display and then immediately press the following front panel arrow buttons in sequence Up>Down>Left>Right
4.The DTR will now show the Orange LED with the Green LED flashing until the format has been completed in about 60 seconds. The DTR will return to ON automatically.
5. If requested, perform a channel scan to complete the operation.
We apologise for any inconvenience caused. Our Customer Services department can also be contacted on 08444 159 159. However, please note that we are currently experiencing high call volumes and so may not be able to answer your call as quickly as we would like.
Posted on May 04, 2009
What to do: if you have a solid amber light
If the power light on the box will not change from solid Amber to solid Red then it is possible that a problem has occurred with the current in use software. Before attempting a fix, power the box off and on at the power socket and then wait at least 5 minutes for the solid RED lamp to appear.
If it still remains solid Amber and the box will not come out of standby to ON (Green light) then this can be corrected using the software revert procedure which is done using the box front panel buttons as follows:
1. Remove power to the unit by removing the power cable from the back of the box.
2. Wait 20 seconds and then restore the power cable while pressing the standby button repeatedly on the front panel of the box.
3. Release the standby button immediately when you see a lamp flash on the box's front display, and then immediately press the following front panel arrow buttons in this sequence:
Note: you have to do this quickly and in sequence
4.The Orange light will flash and the STB will then reboot and should return with the previous version of software.
5. The box will now be running with the previous software version but it will automatically update with the latest version within approx 2 hours and you will be notified by message which will appear in the Message area within the Main Menu.
If you're still having problems please call 08444 159 159 and a member of the Technical Team will be happy to help.
Posted on May 06, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 28, 2008 | Panasonic Televison & Video
Jan 18, 2011 | Video Game Consoles & Games
Jan 02, 2010 | Philips 37PF7320A 37 in. HD-Ready LCD...
May 16, 2009 | LG Televison & Video
May 04, 2009 | Televison & Video
May 03, 2009 | Televison & Video
Apr 21, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP4000 InkJet Photo Printer
Dec 01, 2008 | Arris DCT2608
Mar 07, 2008 | Televison & Video
26 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!