Question about Hotpoint Washing Machines
.THE DRIVE MOTOR AND BELT ARE OK,THE PUMP IS OK.AND IT GOES THRU THE PHASE AS NORMAL UNTIL IT COMES TO SPIN,WHEN IT JUST CARRIES ON TUMBLING AND THEN JUST STOPS LEAVING A FLASHING LIGHT AT THE PHASE I CHOSE.ANY HELP IS GRATEFULLY RECEIVED.THANKS.MARK
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: hotpoint aquarius wma50
You should be able to do both without disturbing the motor.
To do the brushes - about half an hour...
1. UNPLUG the washer.
2. check you've unplugged.
3. Tip the machine carefully up so you can get to the underside
4. Pull cables off the existing brushes.
5. Remove the brushes with a cross head screwdriver. Each brush as two screws holding in on, but the brushes are keyed into the motor chassis. They are fiddly.
To do the belt. + as long as your patience lasts...
1. UNPLUG the washer.
2. check you've unplugged.
3. Open the top of the machine - see the sides of the lid about 10 cm from front, remove plastic cap on each torx head, undo torx. (torx set required)
4. Remove concrete block from top - large spanner is required - remember the sequence so you can replace later.
5. Lean over the drum and see the large drive wheel. To pop the belt off, turn the wheel forcing the belt to the edge of the wheel. It will eventually come off.
6. to replace belt - see motor shaft at bottom of unit. Dangle belt round shaft of motor and gently pull so it does not come off.(This is not easy!)
7. At the same time Ease one side of the new belt back on to drive wheel on the back of the drum.
8. Turn Drive wheel until belt is on.(This is not easy and requires alot of hand strength)
9. Replace concrete block with bolt and spanner in reverse sequence you removed it.
10. replace lid, torx and cover for torx.
Posted on Mar 13, 2008
Remove the rear cover and you will see the element and stats, you will need a meter to test them.
Pull one wire off each thermostat and with a meter that beeps, test across each thermostat, if they are o/k, then the meter will beep,
if no beep then no good.
Replace all heater stats, even if only one has gone
If the stats are o/k then you will have to check the heater, this is more involved as it entails removing the top cover and left side panel looking at the dryer from the rear.
Unplug the heater lead, and again test with meter,if element o/k, then prob is timer or main pcb could be faulty, it really does get quite involved.
There is also a thermistor at the front of the dryer, that is part of the heating circuit.
Plz rate my solution.
Posted on Jan 07, 2009
Sounds like the drive belt has gone,and the noise you can hear is the motor going round.
The red glow you can see, will be the heater element glowing..
To check the belt, remove top cover, and you will be able to see if the belt is on or not, if you can see it round the drum, try to lift it up, if it has not broken,then you will not be able to remove it, and that means the motor or drum could be siezed, try to turn the drum by hand, it should be fairly stiff to turn, but not that stiff that you cannot turn it at all.
Please rate my fixya solution.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
First of all try cleaning the filter inside the back as described by others if this does not work there is a filter in the top. how you clean this is quite easy. all you do is remove the top of the machine by undoing the 2 screws at the back then pull top top backwards when you have removed the top you well see a large metal casing on the left if you are looking from the the back of the machine the filter is in there to remove the casing you pull the small pipe off then undo 5 star headed screws then gently pull the casing off noteing that there is a large pipe at the front when you have remover the casing you will see the filter (the small pipe you removed at the start fits on this filter) clean the filter then put it all back together.
Posted on May 17, 2009
most electric dryers have a wiring schematic on the back or inside on the back pannel of the unit it self . try too look for one there and it might help you out
Posted on Oct 30, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 23, 2011 | Hotpoint WMA50 Front Load Washer
Mar 05, 2011 | Hotpoint Aquarius WMA42 Front Load Washer
Apr 03, 2010 | Hotpoint Aquarius WMA42 Front Load Washer
Nov 03, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WMA42 Front Load Washer
Nov 02, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF220 Front Load Washer
Jul 26, 2009 | Washing Machines
May 19, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WD63 Front Load...
Feb 12, 2009 | Hotpoint Aquarius WF000 Front Load Washer
Mar 13, 2008 | Hotpoint WMA50 Front Load Washer
25 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: