I have a Miele W502.
Both lights flashing usually is caused by a water leak into the case of
the machine which trips the float switch in the base. You can reset this
by tipping the machine forwards at 45 degrees and allowing the water to
drain out on to the floor. It will reset everything but if you still
have a leak it will trip ou again due to the float switch.
I had the same problem with the 2 red lights flashing, which was fixed by emptying the float tray as above.
further investigation I found that the door seal had rubbed on itself
at the 6 o'clock position and had worn a small hole which was causing
the water leak.
To replace or repair the Door Seal you will need to remove the front panel.
1. Turn power off and unplug machine after opening door.
Remove the front panel lower kick plate by inserting a thin ruler
between the kick plate and front panel about 4 inches from each end and
lever down until it releases.
3. Remove the 2 screws at the door lock switch on the front panel.
4. With the kick plate removed you will see 2 screws at each lower edge of the front panel, remove these 4 screws.
Remove the spring loaded band from around the edge of the door seal
facing you and after that release the seal from the front panel and push
6. Remove the hex bolt from the 6 o'clock position just below the door seal on the front panel.
7. You should now be able to lower the front panel out of the locating pins and remove it.
With front panel removed you will be able to remove the tensioning band
which holds the door seal in place around the drum by undoing the screw
at the right hand side of the band at the 3 o'clock position. It is
accessible from above with a long bladed screwdriver. Take note of how
far it is tensioned on the thread of the screw and try not to undo it
all the way or you may lose the nut on the band.
9. Once you have removed the band, slip the seal off the drum and slide the water outlet to the seal from the dispenser.
When you replace the seal do not do the tensioning band up too tightly
or you will hear it squeak when you spin the drum in either direction.
is the reverse of removal, taking care to put the door manual release
strap through the inner slot in the front panel.
I repaired my
door seal with Silicone Sealant and loose weave fabric tape after
rubbing it clean with alcohol as i didn't want to pay $100 for a new
seal from Miele.