Question about Coffee Makers & Espresso Machines
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There are two heat stages in the Spacesaver. One is the carafe heater you can see while the other is an assembly within the main housing. This assembly contains a heater, thermostat, and a section of metal tubing with high temperature silicon connectors at each end. when the water storage tank is inserted it fills the heated section of the tube and when activated the water boils as it passes through the one way valve and forces the water into the coffee container. This steam driven surge repeats until all water has been moved to carafe. There are several failure modes associated with this assembly an I have two. 1. is the heater opening which I have and 2. is the thermostat degrading causing incomplete transfer and ultimately no transfer because it brings the temp down prematurely. Another is crud on the check valve so many problems - no solutions
Posted on Jun 01, 2009
Be sure the red rubber gasket is in place and clean (ridge side in) and bottom water cup is screwed firmly on to avoid leaking.
HOW TO USE:
1) Fill the bottom water cup with cold water up to the inside lip.
2) Set funnel into bottom water cup
3) Fill coffee basket with expresso grind coffee and level off. (Do not tamp or pack). Make sure it's filled to the top.
4) Place filter onto coffee basket and set coffee basket into funnel
5) Place brewer over bottom water cup and screw firmly into place.
6) Place unit with lid in the center of a microwave oven set on high for 1-1/2 minutes. If boil over occurs, reduce the brew time in 10-second increments until no boil over occurs.
7) Grasp handle to remove unit from microwave when finished brewing.
8) Remove lid and check the level of espresso in the brewer cup. Standard brew is at least 2 oz. If you don't have this level brew, replace lid and microwave on high another 10 seconds. Wait 20-30 seconds for bubbling to stop.
1. Under cold running water, unscrew the bottom water cup. CAUTION: It is normal for some water to be left in the bottom water cup. Both the coffee basket and any water in the bottom water cup will be extremely hot! If you prefer, allow the unit to cool for at least 3 minutes before unscrewing it.
2) To brew additional espresso, rinse Funnel, coffee basket and filter, then repeat brewing steps 1-8 above.
3) Parts are top rack dishwasher-safe -- hand washing filter is recommended.
Posted on Nov 14, 2009
Often there are hard-to-find Black & Decker Spacemaker coffee maker parts here: http://stores.ebay.com/Lauras-Last-Ditch/_i.html?_nkw=black+decker+spacemaker&submit=Search&_sid=93311479
Posted on Sep 13, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 05, 2014 | Black & Decker Coffee Makers & Espresso...
Aug 26, 2017 | Black & Decker Coffee Makers & Espresso...
Feb 04, 2018 | Black & Decker DCM100 12-Cup Coffee Maker
May 13, 2010 | Black & Decker VersaBrew TCM411 Coffee...
May 14, 2010 | Black & Decker SpaceMaker ODC325 Coffee...
Jan 03, 2010 | Black & Decker SpaceMaker ODC440B 12-Cup...
Sep 09, 2008 | Black & Decker SpaceMaker ODC150 Coffee...
Jul 05, 2008 | Black & Decker SpaceMaker ODC325 Coffee...
Oct 28, 2007 | Black & Decker SpaceMaker ODC325 Coffee...
Mar 11, 2006 | Black & Decker TCM700 Coffee Maker
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!