Question about GPS
a 6ya Technician can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Technician (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Turn on the Garmin. Look for the little wrench on the screen and select it. Now look for Map, select Map. Now look for "Map Info", select Map Info. Verify that there is a check mark next to City Navigator North America NT
Posted on Jan 02, 2008
I would suggest you reset the unit,if that doesn't solve the problem, then you will have to update your garmin nuvi, I think its out of date and needs to be updated. Follow the procedures below on how to update your garmin nuvi:
1. Plug one end of the USB cable into your GPS and the other end into your desktop or laptop computer. The GPS device will load the appropriate driver automatically, and a message on your GPS tells you that it is connected to your computer via USB.
2. Open your Internet browser of choice and type in the following web addres: "http://www8.garmin.com/support/collection.jsp?product=999-99999-27 "
3. Download the appropriate version of the software for your computer (Windows or Apple) and Install the WebUpdater by following the wizard (accept defaults).
4. Click "Start," "Programs," "Garmin" and " WebUpdater" to update your firmware and your maps. Periodically check and make sure your software is current.
Also, in case you don't know how to reset your garmin nuvi, you can follow the steps below: There are two types of reset;
Performing a Standard Reset
1. Slide the power switch all the way to the left (with the Nuvi's screen facing you).
2. Hold the switch in the position for at least eight seconds.
3. Push the switch to the right to power the Nuvi back on.
Performing a Factory Reset
1. Turn your Nuvi off by sliding the power switch to the left.
2. Press your finger against the bottom right corner of the touchscreen. Hold your finger in this position.
3. Slide the power switch to the right to turn the Nuvi back on. Continue to hold you finger against the screen until you see the factory reset prompt. Tap "Yes" to perform the factory reset.
Posted on Jul 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2017 | Garmin GPS
Feb 02, 2008 | Garmin StreetPilot 2610 GPS Receiver
Dec 08, 2008 | Garmin StreetPilot C330 GPS Receiver
Oct 30, 2008 | Garmin StreetPilot C330 GPS Receiver
Mar 27, 2008 | Garmin StreetPilot C330 GPS Receiver
Jan 06, 2008 | Garmin StreetPilot C330 GPS Receiver
Dec 30, 2007 | Garmin StreetPilot c550 GPS Receiver
Aug 22, 2007 | Garmin StreetPilot c340 GPS Receiver
16 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: