Question about Samsung Washing Machines
If the lid switch is faulty, you still can start the machine but it will stop and show the error code de (door error). Press the start button but no sound means that there is no power supply to the controller or the control board is faulty. There are two fuses to check, one at the three pin plug and the other is covered up.
Posted on May 11, 2017
Take of the top of the machine on the right hand side is the lid switch normally you will find most of the time if you bend it a little done it might work again but its better to invest in a new switch
Posted on May 10, 2017
I had the same problem faulty lid switch..... So meaning when the lid is shut the washer thinks it's open.....I ended up throwing mine out too expensive to fix....
my Samsung washing machine was a recall but found out too late check their recall models you might get it fixed on warranty...
cheers hope this helps
Posted on May 10, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
If you have not taken the exterior washer casing off, the first steps will explain how to accomplish this:
1. Unplug washing machine.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Under the console will be two large brass colored clips. Take a large flat blade screwdriver and place it in the groove of the clip on the washer top. With the screwdriver firmly in the groove, push away from you towards the back of the washer. This will release the clips.
5. Disconnect the lid switch connector plug. This is the white colored plug on the washer top under the console.
6. Remove the washer casing. Open the lid of the washer. Using one hand, grip under the front rim of the washer opening. Do not grab the wash tub, just the casing. Tilt the washer case from the back first towards you, slide forward slightly, and then lift up. The entire case comes off exposing the wash tub and components.
Once the casing is removed, you should have full access the the washer interior components. Since you have mentioned you taken the "internal post" off (I'm assuming this is your agitator), I will spare the steps in involved in accomplishing that task.
Next, follow these series of steps:
1. Remove the tub ring. This is the cylindrical donut shaped ring attached to the top of the wash tub. This ring needs to be removed in order to accommodate the removal of the inner spin basket. The tub ring comes off by placing a screwdriver under the series of the tabs that hold it in place and GENTLY prying them up until they release. Be careful not to break off the tabs, or crack the wash tub.
2. Remove the spanner nut that is under the agitator. This holds the inner spin basket to center post.
3. With the spanner nut removed, the spin basket should lift straight up and out. Sometimes the basket will stick to the center-post and may required some "coaxing" to get it free. This can be accomplished by grabbing the rim of the spin basket and prying up on one side, then the other, in an attempt to rock the basket side to side.
Searspartsdirect.com has excellent exploded view diagrams that you can use as a reference. Simply type in your model number and look under the "Agitator, Basket and Tub" heading. The tub ring gasket, I mention below, is listed as item 6. Appliancepartspros.com also has these same drawings.
Some things to consider:
If you remove the tub ring, it is recommended that you replace the seal on the ring before reassembly. Once the tub seal is broken, it can leak if the seal is not replaced.
When reinstalling the exterior cabinet, follow these steps:
1. Re-install washer case. With the lid of the washer open, place grasp case under front rim and place it on the washer frame. While looking down through the washer lid opening, make sure the front lip of the case is placed UNDER the washer frame and rocked back onto the frame to ensure that the small cleats on the frame fit into the slotted grooves on the washer case base. If you do not get the case seated correctly it will rattle and vibrate while the washer is in operation.
2. Make the back of the washer fits into the washer casing on each side and reinsert the brass clips. Place the clip into the slot on the back of the washer first, and then forcefully push it into the opening on top of the washer. It will snap back into to place.
3. REINSTALL LID SWITCH CONNECTOR. It is easy to forget. If you do not reconnect it, the washer will not work correctly.
4. Reinstall console.
If you have questions, or need further assistance, please let me know. I hope this helps you.
PS What is the reason for removing the spin basket? Anything else I can help you with?
Posted on Jan 17, 2009
An OE error presents if the washing machine has not successfully drained the water in ten minutes.
there are a few simple steps to take before calling for service.
Step 1: Check the drain pump filter.
Items caught in the drain filter will prevent proper drainage. Over time build up can occur from detergents and additives used in the machine. Manually drain unit through the drain hose, then lay a towel down to catch the water, and remove the filter. Clean the filter thoroughly and restart the machine.
Step 2: Check the washers drain hose.
If the drain hose is not installed properly, the washer will not drain properly. The drain hose should not be installed more than 1 meter higher than the bottom of the washing machine.
Step 3: Confirm that the washer is leveled properly.
If the unit is not leveled properly, it will not drain properly. The front of the unit cannot be higher than the back or vice versa. If not properly leveled, the water can flow back into the machine. If this is the cause of the problem, please level the machine using the supplied leveling wrench. When you place a level on the washing machine, the bubble should be in the center. Confrim that the washer is leveled from side to side and front to back.
you can perform a diagonal test when leveling the washing machine to ensure that the unit does not tilt from corner to corner.
Thanks for contacting fixya.com
Posted on Sep 30, 2009
I had the same problem and from bit of research dE probably means door error. It turns out to be the reed (magnetic) switch was not functioning properly so wasn't closing the circuit when the door is closed.
DO NOT DO THIS UNLESS YOU HAVE BASIC UNDERSTAND OF ELECTRICITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of you may really harm yourself.
To test if your problem is the reed switch then 1. Turn AC power OFF, unplug from wall 2. HAVE YOU TURNED THE POWER OFF? 3. Unscrew two visible screws on the back of the machine near the top 4. Take back lid off by pull up which will expose all the wires at the back 5. Put your head in the drum and look to the right under the edge you will see two wires (may be blue) connecting to a small rectangular grey unit (reed sw) 6. Follow the wires back to the back where all the wires are you will find there is a clip joiner - unplug it. 7. Use a multimeter (if you have one other wise skip to step 8) put the probes across the wires coming from the reed switch and you should find the circuit opens and closes as the washing machine lid is opened and closed. If it does not then pretty sure the reed switch is not working then follow step 8 to short it and test. 8. Another method is just to short the wires by jamming a wire across the connector that goes to the machine and NOT the connector to the reed switch This will bypass the reed switch detection so will always be a closed circuit. But since it still has a lever door open detection system it doesn't really matter.
Try a washing cycle to see if it has fixed the problem.
If you have the means then replace the broken reed switch by buying another one from your local shop.
If your problem with the dE error is not with the reed switch then it may be with the lever system which I have no experience with.
Samsun SW51ASP top loader washing machine dE error
Posted on Oct 03, 2009
Will the unit spin if you manually turn the timer dial to spin? If so, remove power, remove the clock motor from the timer, and inspect the clock and mating timer gearing for debris or damaged gear teeth. At the worst, replace the timer. You may be able to scrape or file the damaged teeth so that the timer will progress.
Posted on Oct 20, 2009
Testimonial: "That is great advice . Will try and see if your solution works . cheers"
SOURCE: top loader MW511 will not start.
Hi just read your posting.Now on that wash progress line of lights there are 8 lights in total.Starting from the far right what lights are lit up?Is it the 2nd and 5th or the 4th and 8th--etc---?With this additional information I can work out the error code and advise you how to repair this fault.Please reply for further help.
Posted on Jun 20, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 15, 2017 | Samsung Washing Machines
Mar 02, 2016 | Samsung Washing Machines
Feb 26, 2016 | Samsung Washing Machines
Oct 06, 2015 | Washing Machines
Jul 15, 2015 | Samsung Washing Machines
Jun 17, 2012 | Samsung Washing Machines
Jun 20, 2010 | Fisher and Paykel GWL11 Top Load Washer
Jun 15, 2009 | Maytag Neptune FAV6800AW Top Load Washer
86 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!