Question about LG Computers & Internet
I see the backlights flick on when you power the set up but then they immediately go dark
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
That problem is usually cause of faulty capacitors on the power supply board..
Just follow this instruction to fix your TV..
1. Open the back cover of your TV.
2. Look at the power supply board..Its normally connected to the power cord..
3. After that,,try to look at the actual image of capacitors if it is bulged on the top so that you can easily determine the bad capacitors..
4. After that,,try to replaced the bad capacitors using soldering iron and soldering lead..replaced the capacitors only with the same type ratings and value..
5. Some of the capacitors not bulged so its better if have a capacitance meter
Posted on Oct 07, 2011
A backlight will either not light because of no voltage or no control (not being switched on by the set).
Posted on Apr 04, 2012
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buyand try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in thisphoto.
Posted on May 21, 2012
SOURCE: lg led tv backlight
Fault with its main board. Short circuited component/s at it. Contact any service technician; or the authorized service center. If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Surf the site with patience. Pull up older posts. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/ . In most cases, the main board might have to be replaced. If so, a software [firmware] update too might be necessary.
Posted on Feb 05, 2015
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 17, 2016 | LG Televison & Video
Dec 09, 2015 | LG 47LS4500
Sep 23, 2015 | LG Televison & Video
Sep 09, 2015 | RCA L32HD31 32 in. LCD HDTV
Apr 27, 2015 | LG Televison & Video
Feb 04, 2015 | LG Televison & Video
Apr 03, 2011 | LG 42LC7D-UB Television
May 14, 2010 | LG 42LC2D 42 in. LCD HDTV
Dec 12, 2017 | LG 50PX5D 50 in. Plasma HDTV
65 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!