There are several error codes you can get with an XBOX
360, the first step to resolving any problem is finding the root cause. The fault codes are primarily shows on the "ring" on the front of your console (this is the ring split into 4 segments that shows when controllers are connected and what player position they are).
- 1 SEGMENT FLASHING RED - Thisindicates a displayable error code, the specific error code will bebeing displayed on the TV you have it connected too.
- 2 SEGMENTS FLASHING RED - The console has overheated.
- 3 SEGMENTS FLASHING RED - This is the somewhat infamous RROD (Red Ring Of Death).
- 4 SEGMENTS FLASHING RED - AV cable not detected.
If you have 1 segment flashing red indicating a displayable specific error code then you can identify the fault from the list below.
- E64, E65, E66 - DVD Drive Error.
- E67, E68, E69, E79 -Hard Drive Error.
- E73 - General Hardware Error.
This is a basic overview of all the fault codes for the XBOX 360, for more in depth information on the faults and how to repair them please see my other tips!