Question about Kenmore Food Mixers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
There are a few reasons this might happen from ugly to easy lets start with easy and work to ugly.
1. check the outlet you are plugging the mixer into...I know I know but it does happen
2. The cord on the mixer might have a bad connection or one of the flag terminals may have come loose or broke, remember all metal fatigues. If you know how to uses a multi meter an easy check by removing the rear cover and check the power on the contacts from the end of cord that plugs into the wall and then goes into the mixer, you can check by Ohms testing (safer) or by live connection to the outlet in the wall.
3. The brushes on the mixer, one or both may have reached end of life, easy and inexpensive fix. They are under the big plastic screw covers that you see on the side of your mixer. BTW they can only go in one way and if not replaced correctly the mixer will not work even if you have a brand new mixer.
4 The mixer may need a new speed control plate rather more involved because you have to speed tune the mixer after it is replaced but inexpensive and can be performed by anyone from the rear of mixer. BUT!!!! The speed control board may not be bad but only that the mixer needs to be speed tuned.
5. It may be a phase control board gone bad, it is behind the speed control plate, again it can be replaced relatively easily but you also will have to speed tune the mixer and it will be a double digit cost on the part ($25.00-$30.00 unless you go to the internet and search sites, you may find on eBay for 12-15 dollars plus shipping.
6. We are now entering the ugly phase. the items above are all the electric problems that you can fix easily and inexpensively. The next requires a complete tear down of the mixer to replace the Stator and or Armature (the motor). You can do it but it will cost around $60-$70.00 dollars for the motor and then $6.00 for a new gasket which you will need as soon as you open the motor head. Some peeps just re-use the old I would not.BUT!!!!
7. The gears may have stripped while you were using the machine on high and has frozen up so that when you turn it on it won't work. If that is the case then the mixer will have to have the gears and grease and gasket repaired. Gasket=$7.00, Grease=$17-$24.00, it only comes in quarts and you get 30 ounces but only need 6 for a re-grease, Gears, there are 3 and they run between $10.00 for one and up to $30.00 for the pinion tower. No way to tell from the info you sent.
I have been fixing kitchenaid mixers for a while and I am only now replacing my first motor. So I think it is an easy to intermediate fix, DIY could spend 3 hours doing and spend $30.00 bucks on parts. The ugly $150.00 to $175.00 and I would recommend a service center do the motor because they will check all gears repack grease install new gasket and do a speed tune when they fix it.
Kitchen aid mixers are great and sometimes need a little TLC and they will last for years and years. If you could explain further exactly what happened during the speed run up and what you were mixing and what model and serial number (can be found on white sticker under base of mixer in the base cavity). then I may be able to narrow down the repair / fix path. If this helps at all please let us know we like to hear if we are able to help.
Posted on Sep 20, 2012
if you believe in ghosts, the fix is to junk it and you get rid of the ghost
it is a problem in the switch or wiring in the machine which can be fixed by an accredited appliance repair shop before the unit becomes alive and when you touch it --you become a ghost
Posted on Dec 01, 2016
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 23, 2016 | Kenmore Food Mixers
Dec 01, 2016 | Kenmore Food Mixers
Jul 28, 2015 | Kenmore Elite 5-quart Stand Mixer
Mar 22, 2015 | Kenmore Elite 5 Quart 400 Watt Stand Mixer...
Feb 18, 2013 | Kenmore KSM035 Stand Mixer
Apr 09, 2017 | DeLonghi DSM7 Stand Mixer
Jun 04, 2011 | KitchenAid KSM90 Ultra Power Series Stand...
Dec 27, 2009 | Kenmore KSM100 Stand Mixer
Dec 15, 2008 | Kenmore KSM100 Stand Mixer
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: