Question about Kenmore Dishwashers
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
call sears, 1-800-4MY-HOME. They have a trouble-shooting department that will get rid of this problem. It is caused by water temperature being wrong at the start of the cycle.... blah, blah, blah. The representative will tell you to push a certain set of buttons in a certain order and that unlocks the dishwasher.
Sorry I don't know the sequence
Posted on Jul 01, 2008
not a dumb question,
is the bottom dishes coming out clean? there is a chopper that breaks and will trap food and not clean the top rack.it is not easy to replace.but not impossible.
Posted on Oct 31, 2008
I have a Quiet Guard 4. Same problem so will describe my solution.
1. Remove bottom basket. Remove top basket.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly up and out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift whole assembly out. Pop off screen and clean.
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is a single screw at front left (under assembly removed in 4). Remove screw (Star T-15 bit) and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter. It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and then the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly as it may be the cause of your problems.
Reassimble. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
I have a very similar dishwasher, with a very similar problem. I fixed it by removing debris from the water evacuator pump located towards the front of the bottom of the machine (the last motor before the drain hose. In my case, grape stems had clogged it up. Once emptied, it purrs once again. NOTE: don't disassemble the motor, just flush it out, there is an o-ring gasket that is a bear to re-install.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 16, 2014 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Mar 10, 2014 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Nov 01, 2017 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Jan 13, 2011 | Kenmore Dryers
May 30, 2010 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
May 15, 2010 | Kenmore Elite HE4 Electric Dryer
Oct 23, 2008 | Kenmore 24 in. 15932 Built-in Dishwasher
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: