Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Tips for a great answer:
May 22, 2014 | Canon IR1022IF 220-240 VOLT, 50/60HZ
If business card sized paper loaded sideways is jammed:
1. Power the printer off.
2. Open the top cover.
3. Remove the jammed paper with your hands.
Note: Be careful not dirty your hands. Do not use tweezers or other metal instruments to remove the jammed paper or printer damage may occur.
4. Close the top cover and power on the printer
5. Load the papr correctly in portrait orientation to resume printing.
remove foreign objects
When printing, if there is any foreign material (such as a piece of metal or a pencil) in the printer, the printer my be damaged. If there is any foreign material, remove it at once.
The images below show the iP2200 model.
1. Power the printer off.
2. Open the paper support and confirm that there is not any foreign material in the auto sheet feeder. If there is any foreign material, remove it by hand or with tweezers.
3. Open the front cover and confirm that there is not any foreign material in the printer. If there is any foreign material, remove it by hand or with tweezers.
Note: Avoid touching inner parts.
4. Power the printer on and confirm that the printer operate normally.
Use a flashlight to find any possible jam.
May 19, 2012 | Canon iP2600 series
Number following "E"
How to correct
No paper. /
Paper does not feed.
If paper is not installed, load it
and then press the <Black> or <Color> button. When paper is
installed, check each of the following items and try printing again.
1. Confirm only recommended paper is installed.
2. Confirm paper is installed properly.
3. Confirm the maximum number of sheets in the auto sheet feeder is within the paper limit mark.
4. Clean the paper feed roller to resolve the error.
Remove the jammed paper.
If paper jams frequently occur, check the following:
1. Confirm there is no foreign material inside the machine.
2. Confirm only recommended paper is installed.
3. Confirm paper is installed properly.
4. Confirm the maximum number of sheets in the auto sheet feeder is within the paper limit mark.
Empty ink tank
An ink cartridge is empty.
To cancel printing, press the <Stop/Reset> button.
To continue printing, press <Black> or <Color> button.
After printing completes, replace the empty ink cartridge.
Printing with an empty ink cartridge may cause the machine to malfunction.
The ink cartridge(s) is not installed. / The ink cartridge(s) cannot be recognized.
The ink cartridge may not be installed properly, or an unsupported ink cartridge may be installed.
Install a recommended ink cartridge.
Make sure to install both ink cartridges even when you set the machine to use only one ink cartridge in printing.
If one of the ink cartridges is missing, this error can occur.
The ink cartridge is not installed in the appropriate position.
The ink cartridge is not installed in the proper position.
Install each ink cartridge in the proper position.
The waste ink absorber is almost full.
The waste ink absorber is getting full.
Press the <Black> or <Color> button to clear the error and continue printing.
Printing can continue until the waste ink absorber becomes full. If the waste ink absorber becomes full, the machine will require service.
The waste ink absorber is a part inside the machine, which absorbs ink used in the cleaning operations.
A specified period of time has
elapsed without receiving a response from the digital camera. / A print
mode compliant with PictBridge is not selected. / A specified period of
time has elapsed without receiving a response from the digital camera.
The machine cannot communicate with the connected camera.
Disconnect the cable between the machine and the camera to clear the error.
Check the following items, then try printing again.
1. Confirm that the camera you are using supports PictBridge or Canon Bubble Jet Direct.
If the camera does not support either one, the machine cannot print directly from the camera.
2. Set the camera in PictBridge print mode before it is connected to the machine. This is required before printing for some cameras that support PictBridge.
Please refer to the camera instructions for more information about procedures required before and after connection to the machine.
3. There may have been no response from the camera for the prescribed time.
Re-connect the cable between the camera and the machine.
1 , 4
1 , 5
The ink cartridge cannot be recognized.
An unsupported ink cartridge may be installed.
Install only recommended ink cartridges.
The ink level cannot be correctly detected.
A used ink cartridge may be installed, or the ink cartridge is empty.
Replace the ink cartridge.
Press the <Black> or <Color> button, to clear the error
and continue printing without replacing the ink cartridge. However, the
remaining ink amount cannot be detected properly, so the function to
detect the remaining ink amount does not operate.
1 , 9
Scanning a document failed.
Check if the document is placed in the correct orientation / position and try the operation again.
2 , x
3 , x
4 , x
(Where x represents a number)
Turn the machine off, and remove the power cord from the electrical outlet.
Wait approximately ten minutes then plug in the power cord and turn the machine on.
If the problem is not resolved, the machine may require service.
Feb 18, 2012 | Canon PIXMA MP150 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 27, 2009 | Canon Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 19, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MP210 Photo All-In-One Printer
Oct 18, 2009 | Canon Pixma MP500 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 15, 2009 | Canon PIXMA MX310 All-In-One Printer
Aug 01, 2008 | Canon MP140 PHOTO AIO All-In-One InkJet...
Feb 25, 2008 | Sharp EL-1801P Calculator
28 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!