Question about Elna Sewing Machines
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 17, 2014 | Sewing Machines
Jan 26, 2014 | Sewing Machines
Mar 14, 2013 | Sewing Machines
"16. When dismantling the rotary hook (left turn screw ) or replacing it, the boring of the hook, its pinion as well as the 2 thread release cams must be lubricated with Supergllss oil (Renotac) 458'180.
17. Generally, if not mentioned otherwise, the following hints may be of help for lubricating
- Use Tectyl oil 458'170 where only metallic parts are implemented, i.e. bushings.
- Use Supergllss (Renotac) 458'180 where metallic parts are working together with parts of synthetic material.
- Use Supergliss or Silicon oil 803'531 where only synthetic parts are in friction with each other.
- Do not use Molykote DX grease 458'460 (white) on parts made of Lexan like shells or handles.
- In these places, you may use Silicon grease 802'940 as well as on slides, pivots and similar friction points. "
However, I wouldn't dismantle the rotary hook unless you have experience with sewing machine repairs, being computerised these machines are quite different to a standard mechanical machine.
Apr 13, 2011 | Elna Sewing Machines
Apr 08, 2010 | Elna 2007 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Apr 16, 2008 | Sewing Machines
Aug 20, 2017 | Elna Sewing Machines
36 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!