Question about Singer Sewing Machines
Your pedal is an adjustable switch. The pedal stays normally in the off position without pressure being applied by your foot on the pedal. If the spring inside the pedal cannot apply enough pressure to keep it in the off position it is probably due to rust.
1. On the bottom of the pedal their is usually a screw or two to remove.
2. Then their is a slide bracket that must be taken off by sliding it outwards. Their is usually a small spot where a screwdriver can be inserted and twisted.
3. After you remove the bracket locate the spring that applies pressure between the pedal and the base. It is probably rusty. Move the pedal up and down to locate the moving parts. All moving parts (not electrical) must be free from rust. This can be done with carburetor cleaner, tooth brush and a rag or paper towel. Also, blow out with canned air.
4. After cleaning place wd40 on the moving parts (not electrical parts). Move the pedal up and down while doing this.
5. Now replace all parts in the reverse method you took it apart. Give your pedal a try to see if it works any better. Usually this is the amount of repair necessary. If it still is a problem you may need to take it to the repairman.
6 If there is rust on the inside you may want to put more effort into repainting the outside of the pedal. Remember, their are some air holes that must be covered to prevent paint from entering the inside of the pedal.
Posted on Apr 17, 2017
Testimonial: "Did not work, but a red bottom under the machine came out"
It sounds like your pedal might be stuck in the down position so it thinks your foot is on it. Unplug it, put some oil at the joints where the pedal goes up and down and work it up and down a little to get the oil into the joints. Then plug it in and see if it happens again. If it does, contact Singer customer service because you might have a defective pedal, but I don't think you'll need to after you oil it.
Posted on Apr 17, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 29, 2017 | Singer Sewing Machines
Oct 28, 2016 | Singer Sewing Machines
Apr 07, 2015 | Singer Sewing Machines
Apr 06, 2015 | Sewing Machines
Feb 20, 2015 | Singer Sewing Machines
Dec 27, 2014 | Singer Sewing Machines
Jun 21, 2014 | Singer Sewing Machines
Oct 07, 2011 | Singer 3343 Mechanical Sewing Machine
Apr 27, 2011 | Singer 3116 Simple
Feb 26, 2009 | Singer 3116 Simple
29 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: