Won't spin DVD - says OPEN (top right) on TV screen
Just got a coby dvd-207 for free due to this problem, fix takes about 5 minutes.
1 small philips screwdriver
1 bottle of rid-ox, deoxit, or similar contact cleaner and restorer
1) remove the two rubber feet on bottom of case that have arrows pointing at them
2) remove 6 screws that have arrows pointing at them
3) carefully open case, there are wires connecting both halves, leave them connected
4) press open button, so that the disc receptacle is open
5) look for a gear on the inside near the back of the case that is connected to the dvd door, there should be a cheap reed switch mounted near it
6) clean the cheap reed switch with a toothpick dipped in rid-ox/deoxit/etc
7) re-assemble, plug it in, and watch movies for another few months until the reed switch decides to stop working again
The next time it goes out, i am just going to cut the two wires to the switch and either cross them over or install a mini-toggle switch on the side of the case..
Nov 04, 2007 |
Coby DVD-207 Portable DVD Player