Question about Exercise & Fitness
This person installed a new lift motor and had the same issue, so another new lift will do the same. What make/model of treadmill?
Lift commands come from the console to the lower board. Precor and some others use a Triac circuit to provide 120vAC for up or down, these parts can fail on the lower and cause this problem. Johnson Brands like Matrix, Vision, Horizon, Merit and others, use a relay set for up and down also commanded by the upper board.
I have seen upper boards cause this very problem. Contact email@example.com for more help if needed. Good Luck
Posted on Apr 18, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: The Incline is stuck at an angle
Check the motor and the gears that run the unit up and down. If is located on the front of the unit under the face plate. make sure everything is power everything. Also check the gears to make sure they did not break and check the tracks to make sure it did not fall off the track causing it to stay up
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
Do a Calibration on the treadmill. Take out the safety key. With 2 fingers, hold down the stop button and the speed up or spped plus button. keep holding them down as you insert the safety key, then let go of both.
Press the stop button 1 time, you should see all 0's in the windows, or EP 2P or something weird like that.
Press the Incline up button and then wait. If the incline go up until it stalls then down until it stalls the stops at the bottom, the you are recalibrated, take out the safery key and put it back in to see if all is well. If the incline takes off up again without touching a button, the you have wiring problems or control problems. Call service company to get it repaired.
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
Under the hood there should be a tech sheet with calibration instructions. I have not worked on these for several years or I would rattle off the procedure. If the sheet is still there make sure you put it back in the plastic sleeve for next time..... Eric
Posted on Jun 17, 2009
SOURCE: Treadmill incline error
Try this, it fixed it for me, if it doesn't work let me know
I bought a used Precor 9.4 treadmill, but the incline adjustment was not working.
So, I did the following.
1. Turn off, unplug the treadmill and wait for an hour (this is for safety
2. Remove the black motor cover
3. Observe the transformer to the right of the motor and towards the belt ( I point to it in the video)
This transformer converts DC electricity to AC electricity and the AC current goes directly to the Incline motor which is in the black box towards the front of the machine.
4. On mine the wires had come loose from the transformer, they were soldered on very poorly, the wires are stiff and you should be able to see 4 wires coming from the top of the circuit board and plugging into the transformer, I had three of the 4 wires loose.
5. If you are not comfortable working with electronics or soldering DO NOT DO THIS REPAIR, you could get shocked very badly if you just go poking around in there with metal objects, get a friend who knows how to solder or hire someone.
6. It took about 5 minutes I just heated up my $10 soldering gun from radio shack and soldered all the loose wires that were about a millimeter away from the tabs on the back of the transformer, and VOILA! The incline now works!
Posted on Mar 25, 2010
Usually when stuck at the max up position it indicates that you may need a new incline motor. It is not the sensor. I have been repairing treadmills for 15 years and incline sensors seldom if ever go bad. If can isolate the incline motor using a 110 volt power cord, this may un-jam the motor and get it back down to 0%.
I use www.treadmillpartszone.com for parts.
Posted on Jul 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 22, 2015 | HEALTHRIDER H95T Treadmill
Nov 18, 2012 | Proform XP 580 Crosstrainer Treadmill...
Dec 27, 2010 | Epic 425 Mx Treadmill EPTL88105 !
Jul 25, 2010 | Icon Epic T60 Treadmill
May 17, 2010 | Proform 650 Crosstrainer Treadmill
Jan 05, 2010 | NordicTrack Exercise & Fitness
Dec 31, 2009 | Proform Quick Burn Pro Treadmill with 12...
Jun 17, 2009 | Proform Sport 1000 Folding Treadmill...
Feb 21, 2009 | Epic View 550 Treadmill
Jan 08, 2009 | Exercise & Fitness
Jul 14, 2018 | Exercise & Fitness
35 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!