Question about Craftsman Saws
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: How do I replace the pin?
toolpartsdirect.com has schematics plus you can order the parts there also,, but in my opinion that pin might have been part of the screw and it simply broke off
Posted on Dec 03, 2009
To remove the front half of the saw:
1. Remove the two screws that hold the guide shoe
2. Pull and wiggle the guide shoe straight forward and out.
3. Remove the metal support from the front of the rubber boot by prying it out of the groove.
4. Using a pick or a very small screwdriver, pry the retaining pin from the blade release handle and remove from the front. It removes without much friction.
5. Remove the blade release handle through the side of the saw by wiggling and releasing the return spring.
6. Remove the rubber boot off the front of the saw by gently prying near the center of the saw and firmly pulling.
7. Remove the six screws to remove the black plastic dust cover.
8. Remove the remaining two screws and lift the grease guard to access the reciprocating mechanism, being careful not to drop the needle-bearings. This area can be packed with grease.
The handle part of the saw is self explanatory.
Posted on Mar 13, 2010
SOURCE: I need a parts diagram
go to "managemyhome.com" and under manuals type in your model number and you can download the manual with parts explosion towards the back. The manual is 18 pages long. If I have helped you you with your request would you please vote accordingly and thank you
Posted on Feb 13, 2011
SOURCE: I have a Sears Craftsman
Your saw is not listed but you can call this number and they may be able to help you.If your saw has rubber where the saw blade fits just push it back on the shaft and insert the blade they can face frontwards or backwards.If its an older model they had a set key tightened with an Allen wrench.Thank You for choosing FixYa.com. P.S. unplug or remove the battery when changing the blade.
Call (800) 252-1698 during these hours of operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30 AM to 10:30 PM (CT) Saturday: 7 AM to 9:30 PM (CT) Sunday: 7:30 AM to 9:30 PM (CT)
Posted on Jun 25, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 27, 2017 | Craftsman Saws
Nov 26, 2015 | Ryobi Saws
Feb 13, 2011 | Craftsman 85 reciprocating saw 926770
Apr 24, 2010 | Craftsman 8.0 amp Reciprocating Saw
Apr 08, 2010 | Craftsman 8.0 amp Reciprocating Saw
Dec 26, 2009 | Saws
Jul 06, 2009 | Craftsman 8.0 amp Reciprocating Saw
May 26, 2009 | Craftsman 8.0 amp Reciprocating Saw
Jul 08, 2017 | Craftsman Saws
32 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!