- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Couple of options, it could be a cell that has the contacts built into it, if so then find someone who can solder very very very well, so the old cell can be un-soldered and a new cell soldered into place
The other option (remember I am not seeing what you are) is that the button cell is a very very tight fit and you may be able to remove it and put a new one in.
inside your key fop were the battery fits there is three soldered points just check they are connected properly if not just re-solder the connection i had the same fault on my rover 400 and that sorted it. if you are not sure about the connections being soldered correctly fold a small amount of paper and put it on top of your battery holder and refit your fop and then try it that should work just as well.
Yes, the batteries are soldered. You will need to unsolder the wires from the old batteries and then solder in the new batteries. You will find the correct battery type at shaveroutlet.com. See link below
In the wiring that goes to the coil there is a fusible link, it is a part of the wire, that is the thing that is causing the problem.
I made a trouble finding light for this problem, it is a needle sharp probe for sticking into the wire through the plastic, a length of wire is soldered to the probe the other end of the wire is soldered to one terminal of a 12 volt indicator globe, another length of wire is soldered to the other terminal or ground of the globe, solder a alligator clip to the other end of the wire.
Put the alligator clip on the ground side of the battery, touch the probe on the positive of the battery to make sure it is working..
Then you turn the ignition on and start pushing the probe through the insulation of the wire leading to the + side of the coil, working away from the coil at 3 inch intervals until the light lights up.
that will show you where the link \ break is.
You can buy a new fusible link or just install an inline fuse holder there and install the appropriate size of fuse.
unplug 1st ! Open the unit.. look inside see if there is a nickel size battery in a clip on the ckt board. if you can, remove it and take the battery to radio shack to match it to a new one. put it back the same way you took the old one out. If you unit has a soldered in battery you will have to take the unit (if you can't solder) to a electronics repair shop. they should be able to fix you up for maybe $39 or so plus the cost of the battery.
Put in a new battery. I had same problem.Sent to Icom and was told the board was bad. Soldered in new battery and is fine. Cheap way to do it. May work and may not. Worth the small amt to try and repair.Fixed two others putting in new battery.
If the ground isn't soldered properly that could happen. If you run your computer in your car and you use a power inverter plugged into the cigarette lighter and your battery in, that can cause problems charging the battery as well.
Based on what you have stated, it looks to be your AC connector that is loose or broken from the motherboard. This connector just needs to be soldered back onto the motherboard. Have a technician look at this before you start spending money on a new battery.