Question about Samsung (SHM522CBEWN) CD-RW/DVD-ROM Combo Drive
Sumsang dvd e137b
Need a bit more info - are you playing a movie or running software installation?
If you need to change the drive region then do the following
1. Power on your DVD Player without a disc in the drawer.
- Wait for the "Loading" screen to finish and then the display reads "no disc".
Check which region your reader was bought in. (Large Number label is located on the rear of the Player. Region 1 to 6)
-on the remote control
2. Press the "Repeat"button. The "no disc" label on the screen will disapear.
3. According to the region your player was bought in, choose from the following button sequences.
- region 1, press buttons 2, 9, 3, 3, 4
- region 2, press buttons 5, 7, 5, 3, 8
- region 3, press buttons 5, 6, 7, 3, 2
- region 4, press buttons 7, 6, 8, 8, 4
- region 5, press buttons 5, 3, 8, 1, 4
- region 6, press buttons 2, 4, 4, 6, 2
4. The number in the top left corner of the screen shows you the current region. EG "1" for the US/Canada, "4" for Australia/NZ.....etc.
5. Now enter the new number for the region you require (1 to 6)...or simply enter 9 for "Multi-region". The number in the left hand corner of the screen will change to the number you enetered. Wait for the number to dispear. It will take around 15 seconds.
6. Now power off the DVD player with the button on the front of the unit. Now each time the unit is turned on it will be in the new region...or muti-region if region 9 was chosen.
7. If you wish to change the region again...or back to its original, go through the exact same sequence until step 5. Then you enter the different region number.
If you are unsuccesfull with the above code then it may be worth trying one of the resources below.
Posted on Jul 24, 2009
Did you try with different discs? If the discs work on other system but not yours, then probably your drive needs replacing
Posted on Jul 24, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 07, 2014 | Sony BDP-S350 Blu-ray Disc / DVD Player,...
Jun 15, 2010 | JVC DR-MH30S DVD Recorder
Apr 02, 2010 | Televison & Video
Mar 07, 2010 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Oct 12, 2009 | Cyberhome CH-DVD 300 DVD Player
Aug 18, 2009 | Sony DVP-CX850D DVD Player
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: