Question about Sharp R-1871 Convection Microwave Oven

1 Answer

There is smell of burning rubber in the microwave? where can i get it serviced? i live in kochi india

Posted by on

Ad

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Corporal:

    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Mayor:

    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 2 times.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 8 Answers

The microwave would have had some booklets with it when it was sold. check them up and see who you can call. If its a reputed company then the people might come home to repair or might have a store nearby. Otherwise you ll have to look up the company on the web and contact them. Google will return any results with the company s name and kochi. Try it out

Posted on Jul 24, 2009

Ad

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya Repairman can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Repairman (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My microwave is steaming and my whole house stinks. how do i stop the smell and is my microwave broken or is it alright to use?


I guess the question is, what kind of smell is it? Is it like rotten food? Is it like burned wires? If you are not sure, ask a friend to help you identify the smell. Any burned smell is telling you "Get rid of the machine RIGHT NOW before it catches fire".
Other smells that are not so bad can sometimes be helped with a good "airing out" and the addition of a pile or box of baking soda inside to absorb the smell. Do not turn the machine on with the baking soda inside. Air it out outside or in an area that is not living space.
God bless your efforts.

Jun 01, 2015 | GE Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave smell like burning rubber


Good Afternoon Friend,

I understand that you are receiving a burning rubber smell from your Frigidaire microwave. I also see that your appliance will run for a couple of seconds, and then you hear a weird noise, followed by a burning rubber smell. I suggest contacting your local authorized technician, especially when dealing with your microwave. They will be able to diagnose your appliance and determine what is causing that sound as well as the burning rubber smell. Hope this is helpful.

-Best Regards-
WP

Jun 17, 2014 | Frigidaire Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Microwave oven not heating


This a good indicator the magnetron is gone, sometimes leaves odour that is destinctive.

Jun 19, 2012 | GE Profile PVM1790DRCC Microwave

1 Answer

My3yr old GE profile microwave doesn't warm up


from what you are discribing , I would be looking at the high voltage transformer

Feb 13, 2010 | GE Profile Over-the-Range Microwave

1 Answer

We brought a Tesco microwave at CULLOMPTON Tesco, Devon last week. It cost £29.00 on its first major use - cooking potatoes for ten minutes - smoke seems to be coming from beneath the machine - it has...


This is almost certainly some of the protective oils and varnishes which were applied during manufacture flashing off.

All new products of this type do this to some degree but your description seems to indicate that it's much worse than normal with your machine.

Ordinarily, you can expect this to cease after a few uses and if the level of smoke and odour you've described is to be expected then the instruction booklet should say so. But as yours has visible smoke and a burning plastic smell I'd recommend that you exercise your rights under the Sale of Goods Act and return it to Tesco for a full refund or replacement. The smell of burnt lubricant is one thing, but a burning plastic smell means you can never trust the oven to be safe: none of the many microwave ovens which I've dealt with have ever smelled of burning plastic unless there was a fault.

You won't find any objection from Tesco as they do have good customer service; and when I lived in Cullompton briefly earlier this year the local branch was even better than usual at keeping customers happy.

I hope that you have found my reply to be of assistance and ask in return only that you return the favour by rating my answer.

Nov 05, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

3 Answers

Microwave smokes and smells like burning plastic


Hi,
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....

Microwave Oven Basic Troubleshooting Tips
http://www.fixya.com/support/r5508031-microwave_oven_basic_troubleshooting

heatman101

Jan 25, 2009 | Kenmore 64663 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burnt Rubber Smell then Off


That would most likely be a problem with the inverter or magnetron.

Due to the lethal voltages used and produced, I do not recommend that an inexperienced person work on these.

I would recommend that you contact your nearest Panasonic-authorized servicer.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Jul 07, 2008 | Panasonic NN-H664 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE Profile Spacemaker II - Burning smell and no heating


You may have a failure of the H.V. rectifier. I would recommend that a trained technician replace this part due to the high voltage potential.

Jun 02, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Burn at bottom of microwave


First try cleaning the burned mark off. Dip a scrubber in lemon juice and sprinkle salt on it; this is also great for burned coffee pots. The smell can be gotten rid of this way: Boil lemon peel in water, then put the water in a spray bottle. Not only will it make your microwave smell fresh but the lemon oil will make it easier to clean. If it still smells of burning rubber, take the back off and inspect the wiring. IF you see burned wiring, please do yourself a favor and replace the microwave!

Microwaves work by making the molecules in food get "excited"-they move more-meaning, if there IS rubber burning, then there will be minute molecules of rubber in your food, which is BAD for your immune system. If it's just burned chocolate, though, it is harmless unless you are allergic.

Apr 03, 2008 | Danby DMW1400 Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Sharp R-1871 Convection Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

227 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Sharp Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9098 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a Sharp Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...