I have been trying to print some documents since yesterday but my printer refuses to print them. The red (out of ink) light keeps flashing although my black cartridge is full. My colour cartridge is empty, but in the past the printer has printed in black when this has occurred. But, that doesn't seem to work anymore... Please help someone! :)
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I hope this will help you :)
* Green Power light flashes- The printer is receiving a print job, replacing an ink cartridge, charging ink, or cleaning the print head.
* RED paper light is On- If the CD/DVD try guide is open, close the CD/DVD tray guide, load paper, then press the paper button.
Your paper ran out or multiple sheets loaded at the same time . Load paper and press the paper butoon to resume printing.
* RED paper light flashes- Paper is jammed in the printer. Press the paper button to eject the jammed paper. If the light is still flashing , open the cover and remove all paper, including any jammed or torn pieces. Then reload paper and press the paper button to continue printing.
* RED Ink Light Flashes - One or more cartridges are low on ink. Check the message that appears on your screen to determine which cartridge is low, or follow the instructions in " Checking the Ink Supply". Make sure you have a replacement cartridge.
* RED Ink Light is ON- One or more cartridges are out of ink or not installed. If you have just installed a new cartridge, it may be incomaptible with the printer or incorrectly installed. Reinstall it or replace it with the correct cartridge
* RED Ink and RED paper lights flash alternately- The CD/DVD tray guide was left open when you turned on the printer or when printing on paper. Just simply close it/
* Green Power Light is Off; RED paperand RED Ink Lights flashing- Paper may be blocking movement of the print head. Turn off the printer, then open the cover and remove any jammed paper or other foreign objects. Turn the printer back on again. Or it may have an internal error. Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, then turn it on again.
Epson printers are built with a print counter,
the company has predefined a maximum print no. for each model,
If your printer is an old one,this could be a possible reason.
If both lights are flashing, it means the Waste Ink Pads in your printer are saturated with ink and the waste ink "protection" counter has exceeded its limit. The Waste Ink Pads should be replaced as soon as possible. You can restore your printer to a working condition immediately by using the SSC utility - download from
I had the same problem. You need to reset the waste ink counter:
1. Turn printer off, unplug power cord. Disconnect computor interface cable (back of the printer).
2. After one minute, reattach power cord, but not the computor interface cable.
3 Hold down the LOAD/EJECT and CLEANING buttons simultaneously (cleaning button has ink drop on it) .
4 Turn printer on. Release all buttons as soon as the paper out light flashes.
5 Quickly press the cleaning button, and hold for 10 sec while paper out light flashes.
6 Release the button and the printer will initialize.
7. Once the initialization is complete, turn the printer off.
8. Reconnect the interface cable.
9. Turn the printer on and try to print your document.
If both lights are flashing alternately, it means the Waste Ink Pads in your printer are saturated with ink and the waste ink ("protection") counter has exceeded its limit. The Waste Ink Pads should be replaced as soon as possible. You can overcome this problem temporarily by using the SSC utilit to reset the Protection Counter. This will stop the lights flashing and restore normal operation.
However, remember that eventually ink will overflow from the waste ink area and make a dreadful mess, so you must change the waste ink pads before this happens. This requires the disassembly of the printer.
If you decide to have a go at replacing the ink pads yourself, report back and I will provide further help.
I have a epson stylus c65 printer. My printer is keep flashing the two red light. The out of paper and the out of ink. what do I have to do to stop the problem. The two red light is keep on flashing alternately
I have a HP Business Inkjet 1220 Printer, and the block ink cartridge light is flashing. I replaced the cartridge with a brand new one, closed the door, and black ink light is still flashing. I put in another neew black ink cartridge, closed the door, and same issue- black cartidge ink light flashing. I cannot print- what to do?