Question about 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
I have this modem and I am experiencing some problems:
- DHCP server isn't working, after a while trying to obtain an valid IP from the router my NIC assumes the "Limited or no connectivity" status;
- The ethernet's port #1 light keeps always green, even without any cable connected;
- The ethernet's light in the front keeps always green, even without any cable connected;
- Sometimes I get an IP in 192.168.1.XXX range, but can't ping the default gateway 192.168.1.254;
- Even if I set an static IP in 192.168.1.XXX range I can't access the default gateway;
- I can see a wireless connection from it, but it is WEP protected and when I try to connect don't get an valid IP (even inserting the passkey), just the "Limited or no connectivity" status;
- When I try to connect trough wireless, its light in front blinks;
- I already tried to reset holding the reset button for several seconds, disconnecting the power cord and connecting without releasing it, and it don't reset it since the wireless connection keeps the same, without erasing the protection;
Any suggestions? Thank you,
You need to set up the 2 wire using an RJ45 ethernet cable and not wirelessly initially, and you need to set your ethernet lan adapter to obtain an ip address automatically and then type the default 192.168.1.254 in your browser to get in the settings and then set or enable dhcp, and also enable wireless as by default it is dissabled and check the the adsl light is lit
Some 2wire routers normally come with WPA-PSK security already set up with the passkey on a sticker on the side of the router, so that may be why it stays set when you reset it.
Check that your wireles adapter is using the same type of security when you enter the passkey when wirelessly connecting.
Posted on Nov 21, 2007
I set up 2w hg 2700B gateway, However I have problem as follow: After setting I cannot see Wireless seting in brower . could you help me to do wrong while setting up this router,pls?
Posted on Sep 15, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 17, 2011 | 2wire (2701HG-B) Wireless Router
Jun 06, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Mar 23, 2009 | 2wire Routers
Jan 16, 2009 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Nov 11, 2008 | 2wire 1800HG Router (RG1800HG00)
Sep 09, 2008 | 2wire 2700HG-B Router (2700HGB)
Dec 12, 2007 | 2wire HomePortal® 1800HW Router...
Nov 10, 2007 | 2wire (1000-400108-001) Router
1,203 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: