Custom Paper Wizard
PrintMaster® 17 Gold and Platinum include a Custom Paper Wizard that allows you to add new or unsupported paper stock to PrintMaster® for printing labels, stickers, envelopes, half-fold greeting cards, note cards, business cards and postcards. The remainder of this note describes how to use the Custom Paper Wizard.
Follow the procedure below to add a new or unsupported paper stock to PrintMaster® 17 Gold or Platinum using the Custom Paper Wizard. NOTE:
The options that appear in the Custom Paper Wizard vary depending on the project type for which you are creating new paper stock.
- In the PrintMaster® Design Workspace, click Tools from the menu bar, select Custom Paper Wizard and click New Custom Paper. The Custom Paper Wizard window will open.
- In the Select Stock Type: list box, select the appropriate project type (Label, Sticker, Business Card, Envelope, 1/2-Fold Greeting Card, Note Card or Postcard) and click Next.
- If creating a Label or Sticker paper stock, select the label type. An example of the selected label type will appear on the right.
- Click Next.
- In the screen that appears, select the similar stock type and enter the paper height, width and margins (if instructed to do so).
NOTE: The Example box at the bottom of the Custom Paper Wizard window will explain what information is needed for the selected field (e.g., Paper Width, Left Margin, etc.) with both text and a diagram. The Example box on the left side of the Custom Paper Wizard window will show an example of the new paper stock as the fields are completed.
- Depending on the paper stock, the "Contains mid-page perforation" box may be active. If the paper stock that is added has a mid-page perforation, click once in the empty box to check it.
- Enter a Name for the new paper stock in the Name of stock: field and click Next. This name will identify the added stock type and will appear when creating a new project (e.g., Label, 1/2-Fold Greeting Card, etc.).
NOTE: If adding a new paper stock for an Envelope project type, click Finish. A message will appear indicating that the new stock has been added. Click OK. The new envelope paper stock can be used when creating a new Envelope project.
- The next screen or screens that show will depend on the project type for which the new paper stock is added. Enter the needed information and click Finish. A message will appear stating that the new paper stock has been added.
- Click OK.
- To access the new paper stock, create a new project that uses the stock type (Label, 1/2-Fold Greeting Card, etc.) and select the name of the new stock entered in Step 7 (above) from the available stock list.
If the paper stock that is added does not display in the list, click or go to Custom Paper Stock Does Not Display (Technical Note ID: 43399)
for additional information. Using the Custom Paper Wizard Tutorial
Consult the "Using the Custom Paper Wizard" tutorial in the Help Center of PrintMaster® 17 for additional information. The tutorial can be accessed in the manner shown below.
- Launch PrintMaster® 17.
- Click Help on the menu bar and select Help Center.
- Click the View or Print Tutorial icon (light bulb).
- Under Choose a Category, click Program Tutorials.
- Under Choose a Topic, click Using the Custom Paper Wizard