Question about Seth Thomas Home
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: i need to know how
Please follow the steps below on how to set the alarm on your seth thomas mantel pendulum clock.
1. Determine if your Seth Thomas mantel clock is a 7-day clock or an 8-day clock. On most models it will say right on the face of the clock which type it is. Seven-day clocks must be wound every 7 days, and 8-day clocks must be wound every 8 days. If you are unsure you should wind your clock every seven days.
2. Look on the back of the clock. You will see three large holes (just large enough for the clock winding key to fit into) plus one or two smaller holes (often just large enough for the small end of the key to fit into). The two smaller holes are for speeding up or slowing down the clock and for turning the chimes off and on. The three larger holes are the ones we are interested in--they are the ones we will need to wind every 7 or 8 days. On some models the three winding holes are on the front of the clock. Winding instructions are the same, regardless of where the winding holes are located.
3. Push the large end of your clock winding key gently into the hole on the right as you look at the back of the clock. This hole allows you to wind the 15-minute chimes. Gently turn the key clockwise. Keep turning it until you feel resistance and the key stops turning. Remove the key.
4. Insert the large end of your key gently into the center hole. This hole allow you to wind the main clock mechanism, which allows the clock to run and to keep time. Turn the key clockwise firmly but gently until you feel resistance. When the key no longer wants to turn simply remove it.
5. Insert the large end of the key into the hole on the left. This winds the hour chimes. Turn the key clockwise firmly but gently until you meet with resistance. When the key no longer turns easily remove it and place your clock back on your mantel. Your clock is now set to run for 7 or 8 days, depending on the model you own.
6. Use your hand to start the pendulum swinging once the Seth Thomas mantel clock has been set to the right time. The pendulum should be located in the back of the clock. The clock will not keep time if the pendulum is not moving.
Hope it helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Posted on Aug 24, 2011
If your clock has a small hole between 4 and 5 then you can turn off the quarter hours chimes using the small part of the key. If your clock does not have that small hole you can not turn off the quarte hor chimes.
Posted on Jan 31, 2013
Yes, the clock part is electric.
Posted on Jan 07, 2017
have you turned the chimes off? One generally does time, the other does chimes.
Posted on Feb 05, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2018 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Nov 15, 2017 | Seth Thomas Home
Jan 07, 2017 | Home
Jan 27, 2016 | Westminister Time Warp Shelf Clock
Aug 31, 2014 | Home
May 10, 2014 | Seth Thomas Audio Players & Recorders
Oct 07, 2017 | Seth Thomas Audio Players & Recorders
Place your Seth Thomas atomic clock face-down on a table or desk and locate a series of buttons labeled "PST," "MST," "CST" and "EST" on the back of the clock. Press the appropriate button to set the time zone.
Turn your attention to the small lithium battery-powered digital clock display on the back of your clock. With the correct time zone set, the digital display should accurately reflect the current local time.
Locate the AA battery compartment on the back of your clock. Put two new AA batteries into your clock's battery compartment.
Set the "Mode" switch on the back of your Seth Thomas atomic clock to "Run." Wait for it to adjust to the correct time. The automatic time-adjustment process can take up to 45 minutes, but is usually completed much sooner.
Mar 17, 2011 | Seth Thomas Radio Controlled Wall Clock -...
Sep 13, 2010 | Watches
Nov 16, 2009 | Seiko Mantel Clock Chime with Pendulum...
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: