Question about Panasonic NN-H765 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Whilst cooking strong smell of plasic & cabinet became too hot to

Model Panasonic CT776SBPQ. during recent microwaving, there was a strong smell of burning plasic & the cabinet became too hot to touch. When cooled down I tested with half pint of cold water, set timer for five minutes, but timer tripped out exactly on two minutes.and no rise in water temreature, so no waves at all.
With the outer cabinet removed: I noted the foam strip above the oven circulating fan is very black, but no other apperent damage to wireing or pc boards.
We has a slight problem a week or so earlyer, whist using the fan oven: A sponge was overcooked.
I assume the problem was caused by a defunctional thermostat?

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points

    All-Star:

    An expert that got 10 achievements.

    MVP:

    An expert that got 5 achievements.

    Brigadier General:

    An expert that has over 10,000 points.

  • Master
  • 4,088 Answers

May be a shorted metal stirrer fan bearing located within the wave guide that feeds microwaves into the cooking area. If the oven is run without a proper load (water, or food), the voltage of the microwaves increase considerably causing things to arc-over inside the wave guide. You usually can't see the stirrer bearing short as it occurs internally.

Posted on Jul 23, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

6ya6ya
  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

Hi,
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
goodluck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Exterior of oven , top and both sides gets very hot to touch, when cooking +- 10 minutes or more the last couple of days; no Error ( E41/42/45 or 47 are being displayed. Fan is normal, functions: OK


There could be food or oil buildup around the door frame which will absorb some of the radiant and microwave energy whilst cooking. Give it all a good clean and see if that helps. If everything else is working properly, it may be a problem with the cooling fan. Microwave ovens have a "stirrer fan" inside the roof or rear of the cooking area to disperse the microwaves and some convection / microwave ovens also have a cooling fan which assists in dissipating heat within the cabinet.

Jan 04, 2016 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

MIcrowave emits an electrical smell while cooking. It still cooks, but has started emitting an odor recently when in use.


Is the smell ionized (the outside smell of a cold winter morning air) or more of an electronic component burning??? if it's more of an ionized smell it could be normal, (if the smell is strong) it could be a leaking high voltage cable (electric arching) bad insulator, if it's more of an electronic component burning smell, it could be a overheating component, in both cases you should have it checked by a professional technician...

Cheers!

Jun 25, 2011 | Sharp KB-6024MS Stainless Steel 1000 Watts...

1 Answer

Panasonic NN-CT776SBPQ, just 2 y old, burning smell advise what could be the problem and how much it cost\r\n


check if the smell is coming from within the cabin. If so due to non usage of food covers some food particles ccould have got stuck while on heat to the sides of the cavity and results in heating and smoking. If so clean well with a dry clot and wipe out any moisture on the magnetron fitting slot.
However if the smell continues, check the capacitor to the magnetron or the magnetron or the main transformer itself.
You must open the cover and check for the origin of the smell.
estimate cost and decide.
Creddit if the advice helps.

Aug 25, 2010 | Maytag MMC5000 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Panasonic NN-T785SF microwave smoking and popping


Not to worry ,Please use a good torch light or lamp to look inside the microwave cabin. On the side where the magnetron is fixed look for any food particles which could have stuck while heating. Use a good cleaning solvent to do this job. You must remove all the roller and plates and clean dry. Once you have done this open the top cabinet with the mains wires disconnected. Look inside the side panels for dirt, insect which have got entangled and cooked. use a good brush and blower to clean dry. If the main capacitor has leaked replace with a similar type. Get help if you are not able to do this as it is a dangeorus section with high voltage. You will get to the smelling part once you had inspected these areas. Replace the part in question, can be even the surge protector at the mains end. Hope this helps. Good day

Jul 19, 2010 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Temperature control


By default, it should cook at high (full) power.

On most brands, you would press Cook, enter the time digits, then press Start. And it automatically cooks at high power.

If it is losing heating power, your magnetron is probably failing.

This one's pretty old, but if you really love it, it's worth it. Owners of old microwaves usually love them. They're pretty strong units.

I just recently repaired an old GE (then by Panasonic / Quasar) convection microwave for a customer in New York. He shipped the whole microwave (95 pounds) to me and of course paid for return!

If you or someone you know wants to look into this, we have *critical* safety, disassembly, and troubleshooting info at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk

You should be able to find original or generic replacement parts at various places. If you want more help finding parts or testing etc, reply back here or contact me directly.

We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.

Apr 11, 2008 | Microwave Ovens

2 Answers

Burning smell , Microwave not turning off


the control circuit shorted out from the cleaning session and kept the microwave on so long with nothing to cook that it has cooked itself I'm sorry to tell you. Probably not worth repairing

Dec 27, 2007 | Kenmore 62702 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Russell hobs microwave oven


I am a recently retired appliance engineer of 20 years, microwaves are not normally things worked on yourself, i would be reluctant to help normally but yes there is an internal fuse ( a special quick blow type )just inside where the wire enters the cabinet on a small circuit board, if a replacement is needed it must be exact match bought from an electronic shop, microwaves are dangerous they store powerful electric and can still shock after removing the plug, if the replacement fuse blows, there is a fault elsewhere, and i do not recommend further self repair, work with safety

Sep 09, 2007 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Maytag Rangehood Microwave Loud Humming


Sounds like you just fried your magnetron. Normally when they go bad, they make a very loud noise like what you described. The smell concerns me because you may have ruined the waveguide as well. If the magnetron burns through the protective painted surface of the waveguide, the waveguide is ruined. In most microwave ovens this means replacing the entire unit because the waveguide is not replaceable. Putting a new magnetron in a damaged waveguide will result in the same arcing and eventual failure. In addition to the magnetron, the following components are part of the same high voltage network: HV Transformer HV Diode HV Capacitor Magnetron Thermal Cut-Out Any one of these components could have also been damaged. I DO NOT recommend taking any voltage measurements inside the HV network. Potentials of over 4000 volts can be reached and make it very dangerous for the do-it-yourselfer. Taking resistance readings with the unit unplugged is strongly encouraged. If you decide to pursue a repair, inspect the magnetron tip and inside of the waveguide first. If the magnetron is melted and/or there are burn marks inside the waveguide, a new microwave may be a in order. This actually may be a better option than an expensive repair. I hope you find this advice helpful.

Jul 31, 2007 | Whirlpool GH4155XP Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
Panasonic NN-H765 Microwave Oven Logo

209 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Panasonic Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Devabhakthuni...
Devabhakthuni...

Level 2 Expert

225 Answers

Jerry Greenberg
Jerry Greenberg

Level 3 Expert

1667 Answers

Are you a Panasonic Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...