I can not eject a disc from the disc player. I've heard this is a common problem. Thanks. Curt Pasawicz
You're right, this is a known issue for years with Bose Lifestyle. You may try these steps to resolve the issue:
Note: You will need a flashlight and a small screwdriver.
1. First, disconnect the base unit from the system.
2. Turn the base unit upside down and find the access hole embossed with "Manual magazine release" on the CD player side.
3. Then, using the flashlight, look inside the base unit at those access holes and find the fine spring and locate where it fastens to the sheet metal of the CD player.
4. The moment you find the spring you should see that it connects to the CD player chassis at the forward end and a piece of sheet metal that is on top (actually underneath when the base unit is right-wide up) of the CD player chassis at the rear end. This is the manual release mechanism.
5. Finally using the small screwdriver, push the release mechanism rearward to release the CD magazine from the player. The magazine should pop out.
If the magazine is not released, then the CD that is still in the player has not been slid back fully into the magazine. In this case you'll need to plug the base unit back into power and hope that the CD is retracted, allowing you to push the release mechanism rearward. If not then you'll have to open the base unit to access the CD player.
Hope this helps.
Thank you for using FixYa.
Jun 08, 2011 |
Bose Lifestyle 28 System