A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones). click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Good luck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Go to the timex website, scroll to bottom, click on Product Manuals and Downloads. Then at the bottom of next page, find your watch by model number and look up how to control chime in instructions. It is usually something in the alarm menu... in my case, hitting stop/reset in alarm mode toggles the chimes.
You can easily change the time and turn off the chime of your Timex watch by following the steps below.
1. With the time and date showing, press the top left button.
2. Press the right top button (this sets seconds).
3. Press the bottom left button. This flashes the hour; press the top right button until you have the correct hour (there is no symbol for am, pm will show if pm).
4. Press the bottom left button, minutes flash. Press the top right button until correct minutes.
5. Press the bottom left button, month flashes. Press the top right button until correct.
6. Press bottom left button, date flashes. Press the top right button until correct.
7. Press bottom left button, day flashes. Press right top button until correct.
8. Press bottom left button, time format flashes (can be set to 24 hour clock). If correct, you're done. Press top left button if you're done (can be pressed at any step if you're finished).
To turn off the chime and alarm: Press bottom left until in the alarm screen. Then press the top right button repeatedly until the CHIME or CH symbol is gone and/or ALARM or ALM to disappear, then press the bottom left button to go back to main time.
I think there would have been a minute spring coming from the back of the watch module to the backplate of the watch - this spring carried a vibration / beep which echoed off the backplate.
Chances are you have damaged this spring during battery change - as i did with my gShock.
Basically it's nackered!
The manual on Timex's site isn't for the 1440 Sport, so I kept looking
through the forum. I finally found a solution that worked: hold the
Adjust button (bottom right) and press the Start/Stop button (upper
right). That should turn the alarm off (or on if you'd like). Hope that
I have a Timex Men's Classic Digital Silver-Tone Expansion Band Watch #T78587. To turn the chime on and off on this watch, I press the Start/Stop button on the top right once. This toggles the chime on and off. If you hear a single beep then you have turned it on. If you hear no beep you have turned it off. You can tell the chime setting by looking at the colon seperator between the hours and minutes. If it is flashing then the chime is on and if it is not flashing then the chime is off. This is not explained in my watch manual nor in any of the manuals I downloaded from Timex.com.