Question about Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Http://wiki.e107.org/?title=Bypass_Windows_XP_Password there is an article about how to reset windows password. It must be helpful for those who have been locked out of computer
Posted on Aug 17, 2009
1. Have your CMOS/BIOS settings boot from CD and Windows XP CD in your cd-rom and start your computer.
2. Upon getting in, the first screen will indicate that Setup is inspecting your system and loading files.
4. When you get to the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER to Setup Windows now
5. Press F8 to accept licensing agreement.
6. The next screen is the Setup screen which gives you the option to do a Repair. Press R to begin
the Repair process.
7. Setup will now check your disks and then start copying files which can take several minutes.
8. Shortly after the Copying Files stage, you will be required to reboot. (this will happen automatically – you will see a progress bar stating “Your computer will reboot in 15 seconds”
9. During the reboot, do not make the mistake of “pressing any key” to boot from the CD again! Setup will resume automatically with the standard billboard screens and you will notice Installing Windows is highlighted.
10. Keep your eye on the lower left hand side of the screen and when you see the Installing Devices progress bar, press SHIFT + F10. This is the security hole! A command console will now open up giving you the potential for wide access to your system.
11. At the prompt, type NUSRMGR.CPL and press Enter. Voila! You have just gained graphical access to your User Accounts in the Control Panel.
12. Now simply pick the account you need to change and remove or change your password as you prefer. If you want to log on without having to enter your new password, you can type control userpasswords2 at the prompt and choose to log on without being asked for password. After you’ve made your changes close the windows, exit the command box and continue on with the Repair (have your Product key handy).
13. Once the Repair is done, you will be able to log on with your new password (or without a password if you chose not to use one or if you chose not to be asked for a password). Your programs and personalized settings should remain intact.
Please do inform me if this has been helpful to you.
Posted on Jul 23, 2009
Just hit enter. should go to default but not administrator
Posted on Jul 23, 2009
Mon acer aspire one ne marche plus et une message s'affiche enter current passeword quelqu'un peux m'aider merci d'avance
Posted on Jun 18, 2011
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 07, 2014 | Acer Tablets & eReaders
Feb 26, 2011 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Nov 11, 2009 | Acer Aspire One PC Notebook
Sep 29, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5520-5908 Notebook
May 19, 2009 | Aspire Acer 53152826 Notebook
Mar 23, 2009 | Acer Aspire One Netbook 8.9" Notebook
Jan 23, 2009 | Pacific Digital (U30274) DVD±RW...
Jul 30, 2008 | Acer Computers & Internet
2,412 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: