SDM-P234/B Won't turn on
Follow this procedure to troubleshoot the monitor.
NOTE: Since each of these steps represents a possible solution to this issue, check the display function after completing each step.
1. Download and install the latest video drivers for the video card.
2. Disconnect the computer and monitor from any surge protector or power strip and plug it directly into a known working wall outlet.
NOTE: If the display returns after completing this step, the problem is isolated to the surge protector or power strip.
3. Ensure the monitor cables are connected correctly.
4. Perform a monitor self-test.
5. Adjust the monitor brightness and contrast levels.
NOTE: Refer to the monitor manual or user guide for specific instructions on how to adjust the monitor brightness and contrast levels. Manuals are available online in the Manuals/Specs/Warranty section of the Sony® eSupport Web site.
6. If possible, connect and use the monitor with a different computer.
NOTE: If the monitor functions properly, then the problem is isolated to the computer to which the monitor was originally connected.
7. Ensure that the keyboard and mouse are connected correctly.
8. Troubleshoot the computer display configurations in Safe Mode.
9. Remove any hardware that has been added to the computer. This includes any added memory, internal or external drives, and any type of adapter card (network, sound, video, USB, etc.) .
Let me know what happens.
Feb 16, 2007 |
Sony SDM-P234/B 23" LCD Monitor