Question about LG Heat cool Window Air Conditioner
How to Check Your Air Conditioner Before Calling...
1. Change your filter regularly. This simple step alone can increase the efficiency of your air conditioner. It will also run less, increasing the life span of your equipment.
2. Wash your condenser coil regularly. Simply turn off your air conditioner, get a garden hose, and spray the coil using an "up/down" pattern. Be particularly attentive if your condenser is close to a dryer vent, or if your neighborhood is full of cottonwood trees. These two items are "air conditioner killers".
3. Look for ice around your condenser. If there is ice around the copper lines, immediately turn off your air conditioner and call for service.
4. Is the condenser and/or furnace operating at all? If not, check breakers and fuses.
1. Maintaining your air conditioner and having it serviced regularly increases the efficiency of your unit, reduces energy usage, and prevents wear and tear on your equipment.
2. These instructions need to be modified slightly for window or "through the wall" type units.
1. Do not attempt any repair work unless you are a licensed heating and air conditioning technician. Most states require a licensed heating and air conditioning contractor to perform any repair work.
2. Do not attempt to add or remove refrigerant from your system unless you are licensed by the EPA. Fines and penalties await
those who tamper with or release refrigerant in an unsafe or unapproved fashion.
3. Do not attempt to diagnose any electrical problem unless you have been properly trained and/or are licensed.
4. Do not immediately assume that if your air conditioner is not working that the thermostat is at fault. Tampering with the thermostat
or is related wiring can cause more problems than you initially started with. If nothing is happening with the thermostat set,
mmediately call for service.
5. Do not bend the "fins" on the outside of the condenser. Make certain to wash the coils in an "up/down" fashion.
6. When in doubt, stop. Immediately call a licensed heating and air conditioning contractor. Did you find this Chapter Helpful? Yes No
Edit this chapter
Posted on Jul 22, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 17, 2014 | Brookstone HDMI Pocket Projector
Jan 19, 2011 | Heating & Cooling
May 29, 2010 | Vector 2M Pwr Rch Spotlight
Feb 16, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jan 13, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Nov 07, 2009 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Jun 13, 2009 | Panasonic Toughbook 28 Notebook
Oct 04, 2008 | Toshiba Satellite A105 Notebook
271 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: