Question about Kenmore Dishwashers
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The sequence of "Press Heated Dry, press Normal Wash, then press Heated Dry again and press Normal Wash again (that's 4 button-presses)" worked for us. Many thanks!
Posted on Oct 14, 2008
not a dumb question,
is the bottom dishes coming out clean? there is a chopper that breaks and will trap food and not clean the top rack.it is not easy to replace.but not impossible.
Posted on Oct 31, 2008
I have a Quiet Guard 4. Same problem so will describe my solution.
1. Remove bottom basket. Remove top basket.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly up and out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift whole assembly out. Pop off screen and clean.
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is a single screw at front left (under assembly removed in 4). Remove screw (Star T-15 bit) and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter. It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and then the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly as it may be the cause of your problems.
Reassimble. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
I have a very similar dishwasher, with a very similar problem. I fixed it by removing debris from the water evacuator pump located towards the front of the bottom of the machine (the last motor before the drain hose. In my case, grape stems had clogged it up. Once emptied, it purrs once again. NOTE: don't disassemble the motor, just flush it out, there is an o-ring gasket that is a bear to re-install.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 29, 2015 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Nov 14, 2014 | Kenmore Dishwasher With Ultra Wash And...
Jul 08, 2013 | Dishwashers
Aug 30, 2010 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Aug 22, 2010 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Jun 22, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 15689 Built-in Dishwasher
Feb 01, 2009 | KitchenAid KUDR01TJ Dishwasher
Jan 08, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 17602 / 17604 / 17609...
Sep 17, 2008 | Kenmore 24 in. 16539 Built-in Dishwasher
39 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: